2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

t/c encore

950 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  fisher__man 
#1 · (Edited)
im thinking about buying a t/c encore 270 and was wondering what you encore owners think about them and what a ballpark price on one is. Oh, how accurate is a regular barrel or should i go with a heavy barrel? i dont need groups you can cover up with a dime or anything just something around inch an a 1/2. thanks

#2 ·
t/c rifles

go ahead and pick up the pro hunter if you can spend a little more. 28 inch fluted barrel shoots real nice. my 270 will shoot a group you can cover with a dime. Now those are handloads but the factory loads will shoot a half inch group or better, If you shop arund you can be out the door for about 700$

#4 ·
I've had my .270 encore for three to four years now. One of th best guns I have ever owned. Just about to finish a thumb hole stock for it to make it a little more customized to my liking. I think I may keep this gun forever. Shoots tight groups and the deer I've killed have never run more than thirty yards after impact. Shot placement is critical and this gun performs well. Got mine from Carters Country for under $500. Well worth the money.

#7 ·
I have two encores mine and my wifes we have 4 barrels for them from a 22-250 308 25-06 300 oh yea and a 50 cal black powder. I would reccomend them to anyone the shoot great and the accuracy is very good I shot a doe this weekend at 160 yrds 25-06. price can range from 450 to 600 go tp the next gun show.

#8 ·
The encore is great I have one with a 25-06 along with a 300win mag barrel great gun. very accurate.
Yes you can fit the pro hunter barrel on the ordinary encore rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.