2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

I Recommend Garwood HC - Full Straps!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  beachbumm 
#1 ·
Big thanks to all those who gave me recommendations on a guide for this past weekend. I picked Garwood Hunting Club, never been with them or know anybody personally that has, but turns out I made the perfect choice.

Barry was easy to talk to and answered all my questions I typically ask an outfitter. Our actual guide, Dennis, was just perfect. Great demeanor before, during and after the hunt.

Between 4 guns we had 8 different species to make a full limit by about 8:15. Could have been sooner if some of our shooting skills were polished, but not bad for a first outing of the year and with one guy only on his second hunt ever.

The highlight was a flight of four pintail which Dennis called back to our spread and allowed us to all get one.

I know enough about waterfowl hunting to know it's not always this easy and even if the birds had not cooperated you could not have asked for a better guide, setup and good time.

Give these guys a call if you want to be treated right.

#4 ·
Answers for Camilla1 and Tealman

Camilla1... Here's the main number to Garwood Hunting Club and a link to their site:

800-634-2297
or 979-758-3200

http://www.garwoodhunt.com

Tealman... We hunted Sunday morning. John was sitting in the pit with guide Dennis. My friend Chris and I (Ryan) were sitting in the pit three feet away from them. Dennis' dog Drake was great, just getting a little long in the tooth... still not afraid to swim for a long time chasing a couple of birds that drowned themselves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.