2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

$%^#@!*!!!!! Bastages!!!!!

6K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  sps 
#1 ·
I cant not believe what I discovered at the property today. Sometime between last Sunday and this Wednesday, some one trespassed onto our property and stole 3 handmade feeders. They cut the ropes that they were hanging on. And to top it all off, they took a pencil and wrote on top of my blind " Thank You for the feeder, jack@@s". I just cannot believe that someone would do this. This is our first year here and no one has hunted this land for many years. My stand is about 50 yds off the fence line and I thought maybe I got too close to somebody on the othe rside and ****** them off, but I saw 3 kids go buy on atv and questioned them, they said nobody hunts on the other side of the fence. I did make it clear to them that there are 2 guys hunting on this property and to let their parents know(just in case they had something to do with it). Its one thing for punk kids to steal petty stuff, but its another thing that they left me a message in writing on my top of my stand. I found out today that only 3 sides are fenced and the back is seperated by the creek. I think we may have disturbed someone that has been hunting illegally. Ok, enough venting for now.

#3 ·
Hope you catch the guys thats stole your feeders

After you find them get a rope and drag them around behind you truck for a while. NOTHING is to bad for someone who would steal a feeder....What is this world comming to,,,it sucks.

#4 ·
Put a rope with a noose hanging down on the tree you had the feeders on. That might send a message to whoever did this. More than likely they'll be back to see if you have replaced what they stole with another feeder.

#6 ·
I was actually just looking at the game cams on ebay. I like the idea of putting a noose in the tree, that should send a good message. Im going to get the game wardens number and program it in my phone along with the local police dept.

#7 ·
Get you a cheap game cam and turn the flash off. Hide the cam where they will not notice it or they will take it also. Put the game cam on the road going to the feeder and not by it or they will see it. Maybe you will get a picture of them.
I feel your pain, I got to my stand one evening and found truck tracks going to the feeder. Then I found alot of blood on the ground under the feeder. At least they did not steal my feeder. Good luck to you.

#8 ·
I remember when I use to hunt Type 2 land in the 80's. TPWD came in and took it over and the resident outlaws did not like that. So they proceeded to set the woods on fire and run dogs under your stand. Countless calls to game wardens resulted on the usual blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada. Somehow these "hunters" thought they owned it. That's probably what you are dealing with. I'm also for the noose.

#11 ·
Man that sux, have had a problem with the neighboring ranch at my Dad's compadre's place for a few years. Last year they stole a feeder and vandalized 2 others they couldn't steal. Called the GW and while talking to him on the phone found a Sheriffs Deputy pulled over a truck from the neighboring ranch with a feeder in the back. Got to the scene and sure enough it was the missing feeder. They got charged with theft, trespassing and vadalism, make sure you report it. Also try tieing your feeders with chain or steel cable much harder to steal that way. Hope this helps and sorry you're goin though this. Good luck this season.

#14 ·
well i talked to the sherrif dept and filed a report, just in case. He said they have had some issues with tree huggers, but this doesnt seem to be one of them. He said they will write it up as theft and tresspassing and take it pretty seriously. I tried the game warden, but no answer on the phone. Ill buy some cameras off ebay and hide them and also going to put up no trespassing signs. Inside my stand I took a pencil and wrote " smile, your on game camera". I want to do as much as possible to make these jerks realize we are serious about trespassers. Owner told me " People get shot over **** like this"

#19 ·

Bad thing is it's sounds like its gonna happen again. If you knew an animal wouldn't get caught in it, it would be nice to put one of those metal snap traps, a big one. Let one of those bite him on the leg. My brother got his 4 wheeler stolen last year from my mom's house out in the country. It was under the carport under a light. We found one of the guys flip-flops in the yard and a tiretool and spare tire by the ditch where they loaded it in the truck.

#21 ·
?

maybe before you leave your blind, you can ruff up some dirt and see if you can find some footprints. I don't know how good you are at tracking, but it will atleast give you an idea where they are comming from. Or find you an off duty border patrol agent and see if he can't help you track him. Just an idea.

#23 ·
I saw a card on another website last year, maybe it was Stealth Cam. You take a picture of the card before you put the game cam up, so it becomes photo #1 on every roll of film. It basically said:

"Attention photo processor. These photos belong to ________________ phone #____________. If they were turned in by anyone other than me, they are stolen. Please contact me at the above phone #. I will pay a reward to recover my photos."

Maybe the vermin will steal the camera, take the film to Walmart and you could file charges.

#24 ·
****** said:
I saw a card on another website last year, maybe it was Stealth Cam. You take a picture of the card before you put the game cam up, so it becomes photo #1 on every roll of film. It basically said:

"Attention photo processor. These photos belong to ________________ phone #____________. If they were turned in by anyone other than me, they are stolen. Please contact me at the above phone #. I will pay a reward to recover my photos."

Maybe the vermin will steal the camera, take the film to Walmart and you could file charges.
That's fantastic!

#26 ·
We have a simular problem in Jasper county. **** locals have been hunting on our new lease for generations. After stealing a box stand and feeder and breaking down our fence, we called the GW. He came out and basically told us thats the way it is down here and if you ever catch em on your place then you can press tresspassing charges... Funny thing though, the GW said he knew the group of men who was doing it. He said they have been poaching the area for years. As we were talking to the GW, the group of men passed by and waved at him. Why doesnt he bust them? I guess I need to hunt ******** instead of white tails....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.