2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

turkey cleaning?

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  steverino 
#1 ·
what is the fastest (easiest) way to clean rio grand turkey?

#3 ·
fastest way i can think of (coming from somone who has cleaned hundreds of chickens) is just skin them and gut them .. skin pull away from the meat real easy .. so jsut hang them up by their feet grab a pinch of skin near the vent and start cutting your way all the way around the bird .. grab and pull .. if you do it right you can **** near trn in inside out and have a turkey skin sack full of feathers ... go back and do the same thing with eack leg .. and cut off it's tail

cut carefullt around the crop, turn it right side up and pull the guts out thru the cavity near the vent

that's the short and sweet version .. i can make it more detailed if need be

#4 ·
Free_loader said:
fastest way i can think of (coming from somone who has cleaned hundreds of chickens) is just skin them and gut them .. skin pull away from the meat real easy .. so jsut hang them up by their feet grab a pinch of skin near the vent and start cutting your way all the way around the bird .. grab and pull .. if you do it right you can **** near trn in inside out and have a turkey skin sack full of feathers ... go back and do the same thing with eack leg .. and cut off it's tail

cut carefullt around the crop, turn it right side up and pull the guts out thru the cavity near the vent

that's the short and sweet version .. i can make it more detailed if need be
wow :eek: what he said.

#11 ·
cleaning a rio

I just finished one! I cut a slit between the tail and end of the breast anothe one at the base of the neck and top of the breast and pull out all the guts, organs and grain/forage. Then I plucked ALL the feathers, including PINCHING AND REMOVING ALL the pin feathers! I also cut out the breast. I was a good size tom shot on opening weekend at 10:30 A.M. on Monday morning while I was leaving my place in Rocksprings. I like to leave the skin on as I feel that a turkey smokes better with the skin on-holds the moisture in. I'm not sure how much difference the skin makes but all that I have smoked have been moist and tender! I cut the breast in square strips, about 3/4-1" square and 6"+- long, soak in milk and coat with seasoned self rising flour and deep fry. They don't last long enough to get cool enough to eat! I use to wait to smoke one-now they go fast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.