2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

camo stocks

812 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sandman 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a good place to buy a camo stock for a rifle, or a place to send you gun to have it diped in camo

#2 ·
Lots of companies make camo stocks, from low end up to McMillan. Here are a few.

Borden Rimrock

McMillan

H-S Precision

Bell and Carlson

Ramline

Edit: If the manufacturers do not sell directly, you may find what you need online at MidwayUSA, Cabelas, or one of the other big retailers. Just make sure that the action type and size and barrel profile are right. You may want to bed it or buy with with pillar bedding.

The only ones I have experience with are the one that came on my Accumark (which I think is a Bell and Carlson, although the early ones had H-S Precisions) and a McMillan being fitted to a rifle for me now.

#3 ·
Do it yourself. Takes less than an hour and $10-15 worth of paint. Scuff it up, shoot a base coat of the Krylon camo, lay on a stencil and spray a couple of other colors. Follow up with a couple of coats of Krylon matte clear coat and you're done. Let it dry for a few days. It's very easy to touch up if it gets skinned up.
I'm not real artisitic but I was surprised how well mine came out. The real function of camo is to break up the lines and glare that do not occur in nature. All of the high-res images that they sell now are designed to work on hunters, not game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.