2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Another Hunt ruined by FORD

3K views 31 replies 27 participants last post by  biged412 
#1 ·
Yep thats right. On my way home this afternoon to load my stuff for the deer lease wife calls and says her ford is broke down. So I get to work on one of FORD's finest tomorrow. Oh how I do hate ford. Had I only bought her a HD like mine I could be hunting in the morning.

#3 ·
I have to do all of my wifes preventative maintance and remind her to let me know if something is wrong so that I can get it fixed. My wife drives a 12 year old Ford Explorer 4x4 with over 200,000 miles and it has never let her down. I will be hunting tomorrow and driving my Chevrolet.

#6 ·
i'm a ford truck man , that's all i drive ain't got no boundaries i don't compromise

i owned ford trucks for the past 12 years and have not been let down yet
even if i was i would still drive a ford fx4 rather than a little chevy or a raggedy dodge

#10 ·
Its all about luck and cjb will you buy some lotto tickets for me cause if you drive a ford and don't have trouble than you must be one of the luckyist people in the world!!!!!!!!!!! I dont have very good luck so I just stick with Chevy dont need luck with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 ·
Care to tie up bumpers with my GMC? I will pull you all over the place. then out run you and the whole time ride a whole lot better.
cjb2679 said:
i'm a ford truck man , that's all i drive ain't got no boundaries i don't compromise

i owned ford trucks for the past 12 years and have not been let down yet
even if i was i would still drive a ford fx4 rather than a little chevy or a raggedy dodge

#15 ·
tx064deer said:
Its all about luck and cjb will you buy some lotto tickets for me cause if you drive a ford and don't have trouble than you must be one of the luckyist people in the world!!!!!!!!!!! I dont have very good luck so I just stick with Chevy dont need luck with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no luck here just quality thats all i need .....

all kidding aside me and my son justin [6] was on the way to pick up the boat last febuary and got hammered twice head on and from the side totaled out my f-350 4x4 crew cab and the 2 that hit me and we both walked away that day i can't say the same for the other 2 people the first lady was air lifted and the other got to ride in the meat wagon so thats part of the reason i like my big ooo ford .

#17 ·
Ya gotta talk to them Ford's right! I let mine know in no uncertain terms that if it fails on me, Im hauling it to Mexico and buying a Chevy! lol
279259 miles and still ticking..........barely, buts its a ticking! lol

#23 ·
I have owned them all and they have all given me problems at one time or another. It's funny listening to everyones stories about whose truck is better......like, I have an uncle who has both a dodge and a ford and the ford will just run circles around the dodge....or a guy I know has a ford and a chevy and he says that his chevy will out pull his ford any day. These days they are all about the same and will all eventually give you problems. Sometimes people just have better luck than others. I personally think that people juice the new diesels up to much anyways. Sometimes is just better to leave well enough alone. Just my 2cents.

#25 ·
I currently drive a 97 Ford Explorer 2WD 6 cylinder and it has over 234,000. Power everything, the a/c is cold and it runs like a scalded monkey. Its my first Ford and I have to say I am pretty impressed. I did have to put a tranny in it but thats okay. I drive it all over Texas and I am not afraid of it leaving me broke down anywhere.

#26 ·
The three best trucks I ever owned were Chevy, Dodge and Ford. The first was a Chevy panel truck with a staight six and manual tranny. The second was a Dodge short bed with slant six and manual tranny. The third and current is Ford with straight six and manual tranny. All were/are bullet proof and never gave a bit a trouble. Current Ford has a 4.9L (300cc) inline six and is the best engine Ford ever made IMO. I sure wish Dodge still made the slant six.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.