2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Natural Born Killer.1st Deer Story.

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sea-Slug 
#1 · (Edited)
This tale starts out 5 days before opening day, @ Viking Archery in S W Hoston,I think 2001.I had opened a new office down there and after work I was able to hookup w/ my good friend Eddie Delaney (Fast Eddie on 2 cool)during my stay there.

He accompanied me to Viking one day and he decided to buy a bow.Although Eddie is an accomplished fisherman,he had never been deer hunting ever and @ that time, he had never taken an animals life or even shot a gun let alone a bow!

The guy @ Viking set him up w/ the proper equipment,nothing expensive A PSE all inclusive deal,except I forgot to mention he needed an arm gaurd!HE!HE!HE!HE!.Eddie went in the range to sight in and on the first shot he hit the pie plate but he also got snapped real good on the inside of his left arm by the string.LOL! It left a he11 of a welp.He looked @ me and wanted to know if he could get his $ back?LOL!After the pain letup,we got him sighted in,after about 10 shots.We also practice 2 more times after that.(Only about 40-50 shots total.)

I will take a little credit here for I had a ranch leased N of Bowie,Tx for just the archery season and had set up the blinds back in the late summer.All but had his deer tied to the tree for Fast Eddie on opening day.

This place was only 2000Acres but it was a long and rectangular shaped spread,so it took a while to get from one end to the other.I dropped Eddie of first,My girlfriend 2nd another buddie,Terry 3rd and I hit my stand on the far backside,right as the sun was rising.

After a short wait, I shot a doe.Terry had a hog down and my girlfriend got skunked.We loaded up the game and had to go by camp to get Eddies wife & son.Then we all loaded up to go see if Eddie had any luck?

The night before Eddies wife had prommised him a trip on "THE GOODNIGHT LOVI"N TRAIL" ,if he got one!

When we got there he was still up in his stand @1130,I'll never forget the BIG SMILE on his face.Had a nice 9 pt down!But he also had emptied his Quiver 0f 1/2 dozen arrows.LOL!There were 4 arrows sticking out of the deer.ROTFLMAO!After much laughter and High 5s and Eddie reminding his wife about her promise.I asked him what happend to his other 2 arrows?He also had killed a coyote and a turkey.

Eddie shot the buck just after daylight and it went down right there but was still alive.He said he shot 3 more arrows( B C he didn't like to see the deer suffer)and waited.Then along came a coyote,so he shot him off his deer.The deer wa still alive so he shot his last arrow and missed.Eddie then climbed down and retrived his arrow he missedw/and put another arrow in his buck!(5 in all)

After the buck had died he pulled an arrow out of his buck and climbed back in the stand and waited for me to come get him.After awhile a herd of Turkeys came by so he shot one of them too!We never found the turkey though.

Some people are just natural born killers!LOL!

Sorry for the long read but I hpoe ya'll enjoy!

PS Eddies wife sent in his pic to Texas Sportsman and this what the caption read.

Eddie Delaney was on his first deer hunt when he arrowed this 9 pt buck near Bowie.It was also the first time to shoot his bow!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Hotrod said:
Thats a good report. He needs to play the lottery. Thats an awsome one morning hunt.
He killed his second deer ever last year,this time w/ a 308 he purchased @ Gander Mt.(1 day before the hunt.)We rattled up the 8 pt and he shot it at 30 yds.He needs to change his handle from Fast Eddie to Eagle Eye Eddie.LOL!E

Fast,quit lurking and post your story on the Aspermont 8 pt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.