2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Uvalde Buck

5K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  Fish-a-mon 
#1 ·
I got this picture in an email the other day which stated the buck scored about 330 B&C, and was shot around Uvalde. I have no other information on it, and do not know the accuracy of the info on score or where it was shot. Obviously, it's got tags in the ears. Anyone have any information on this deer?

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
troutphishin said:
This is the breeder buck Stickers, it was not shot. It was recently sold to another breeder for $600,000 from Four Canyons in Uvalde. A friend of a friend is the owner's son in law.
That's the real story. The deer was not killed. Simply tranquilized to measure. Scored 335 and change and was sold to Tommy Duggers for $600K+

#9 ·
A friend of mine was just over there pricing some young bucks and bred does for a place he manages here in Kerr County. Those folks have a helluva lot of money tied up in those deer. I bet their butt puckers up every time they have to put one to sleep for whatever reason.

#12 ·
Fishdaze, this is not a cut @ you. I know you did not take this photo.

I am probably going to catch MUCHO flack for this.

But, showing pictures of a deer that is Sedated is absolute BS.

I am sure there are many pics of this deer minus the Sedation.

No Class whatsoever.

#13 ·
surfspeck said:
A friend of mine was just over there pricing some young bucks and bred does for a place he manages here in Kerr County. Those folks have a helluva lot of money tied up in those deer. I bet their butt puckers up every time they have to put one to sleep for whatever reason.
not really...this little operation is pocket change for the owner.

#14 ·
I am going to guess they sawed the horns off this deer when he was sedated. Typically breeders do this at this time of year to prevent the bucks from hurting each other or getting them caught in a fence and hurting themselves. I had a conversation with Mr. Machen at los cazadores last year about one of his breeders that he had sold for a large sum of $$$$ and within a day or two of when the new owner was to take posession they found him hung up in the fence with a broken neck! He showed me the skull which was in the taxidermist area there and held the antlers. It scored 240 or so if I remember correctly and weighed a ton in my hands. Very impressive to hold a rack that big and see first hand how massive these antlers can get!

#17 ·
???

jabx1962 said:

No Class whatsoever.
I am not sure I understand your position...

That looks like a good close up pic of a deer that will be just fine once he is given the reversal shot.

Every now and then, we take pictures while working cattle (castrating, branding, vaccinating, etc.), is there a big difference?

#18 ·
Hair Trigger said:
I am not sure I understand your position...

That looks like a good close up pic of a deer that will be just fine once he is given the reversal shot.

Every now and then, we take pictures while working cattle (castrating, branding, vaccinating, etc.), is there a big difference?
I would hope this animal would only be shown it it's Pristine Shape.

Not looking like it just mainlined 10cc of Heroin.

It's just an opinion...we all have them.

#20 ·
jabx1962 said:

No Class whatsoever.
No problem, and I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I got an email with 3 pictures of this deer saying that it scored 330 and was killed in Uvalde. The other 2 pics were too large and would not post. Y'all are correct, that is a stretcher that is in the foreground. It is more visable in the other pics.

I posted the pic because I really wanted a story behind this buck and knew 2Cool would give me one, so I guess I got it.:smile:

This is just more proof that deer hunting is big business these days.:eek:hwell:

#22 ·
When people talk about dream hunts often images of buck similar to this one enter their minds. If I were to describe a dream hunt it would be of a nice ten point killed with a bow on public land, possible a deer I had been after for several years.

I guess to each is own, but the domesticated white tail is just not my cup of tea.

#24 ·
I am hoping that in the next 10 years the big whitetail breeding craze will cause an over abundance of big deer and that the quality of the deer herd state wide continues to improve so that normal, everyday people like myslef can have a better opporrtunity to take a big bruiser. I am not talking about going on a hunt where you are shooting ear tagged deer in a bucket, but rather, being on a lease with the opportunity to shoot a bigun or going on a paid hunt for a weelk on a large ranch with the opportunity to shoot the deer of your choice without breaking the bank.

#25 ·
surfspeck said:
I am hoping that in the next 10 years the big whitetail breeding craze will cause an over abundance of big deer and that the quality of the deer herd state wide continues to improve so that normal, everyday people like myslef can have a better opporrtunity to take a big bruiser. I am not talking about going on a hunt where you are shooting ear tagged deer in a bucket, but rather, being on a lease with the opportunity to shoot a bigun or going on a paid hunt for a weelk on a large ranch with the opportunity to shoot the deer of your choice without breaking the bank.
Yeah.. and then the TTHA breeders association will probably sue all texas hunters and demand reparations from hunters who are benefitting from all their "hard work and dedication"

LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.