I think I have a javelina problem... - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board

Old 12-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
bg
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!

bg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Pirate
I think I have a javelina problem...

it's bad enough that I have a group of 30 or so hit the feeder and vacuum up the corn within 30 minutes of it going off but when they start to take after dinner naps, well that's just going to far.

Some of these guys are simply going to have to take dirt naps.
Attached Images

bg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
shallowminded
Registered Users-pm+

shallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirate
drum

By Texas law you are only allowed 2 per year. Don't post how it all turns out.

Shallow
shallowminded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
bg

bg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Pirate
I've been looking around and have found that people are actually willing to pay to hunt these things so I'm seriously considering selling a few hunts after Jan. We've spent a ton of money out there this year and it'd be nice to be able to recoup some of that and legally reduce my Jave issues.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
DCAVA
Car Man

DCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to PirateDCAVA has been promoted to Pirate
Lot of peccaries right there!!
DCAVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
shallowminded
Registered Users-pm+

shallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirateshallowminded has been promoted to Pirate
drum

You are correct. Bow hunters really like to go after them. Rifle hunters do too.

Shallow
shallowminded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
WildThings
Registered Users-pm+

WildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to PirateWildThings has been promoted to Pirate
That's a bunch of good eating right there!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
AvianQuest
Registered Users-pm+

AvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to PirateAvianQuest has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg View Post

I've been looking around and have found that people are actually willing to pay to hunt these things so I'm seriously considering selling a few hunts after Jan. We've spent a ton of money out there this year and it'd be nice to be able to recoup some of that and legally reduce my Jave issues.
Dang right. Let me know where and how much.

Javelinas are great animals that are easy on the habitat, not at all like feral hogs. Javelinas will keep your cactus from overrunning the place for sure.

Can't blame them for eating up your corn......you put it there.
AvianQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
bg

It's not that I blame them, you're right I can't really get mad at a javelina for being a javelina, I just need them to leave some for the deer every now and again.

Really, the issue is that I've just got WAY too many.

I'll probably end up building a pen around one of the feeders to keep them out and leave the other one open. I don't *really* mind them, I just want fewer of them and, like I said, we've spent a bunch on the place this year so if I can take advantage of the huge population to lessen that impact some, I figure why not?
Old 12-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
HillCountry Hunter
Registered Users-pm+

HillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to PirateHillCountry Hunter has been promoted to Pirate
I'll pay to shoot a couple.....
HillCountry Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
CDHknives
Registered Users-pm+

CDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to PirateCDHknives has been promoted to Pirate
Feeder pens help, but the little ones can squeeze through and it only takes one or two to clean up a feeder run.
CDHknives is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message