White Pelicans Migrating - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Smackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to Pirate
White Pelicans Migrating

Colder air on the way!
I am working near Portland and have been seeing large flocks of white pelicans heading south the last few days. Here is a really big flock of at least 150. Brown pelicans do not migrate. In case anyone wants to be a naysayer, I do know what a pelican in flight looks like and they flew right over before I got to take the picture! Not geese, sandhills or any other large birds. Zoom in to see them.

http://www.fishingscout.com/scouts/SmackDaddy
Old 10-24-2013, 10:40 AM
somewhere over the 100 fathom curve....

Pattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to PiratePattillo has been promoted to Pirate
I've seen bunches of the white pelicans the last two weeks. More than I can remember headed south. The Galveston area brown pelicans do migrate. They leave in December and return late Feb or march. Not all of them, but so many that its noticeable.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered Users-pm+

SpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to PirateSpeckReds has been promoted to Pirate
A bunch(60 to 80) flew over Nassau Bay about 30 min ago. Shadows on the ground and trees from the Sun shinning on them was kinda cool.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Don't bro me unless you know me

MEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to Pirate
Here's some in Sugar Land
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Ditto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to Pirate
They're going to the north end of the Trinity river just above Lake Livingston. I've seen hundreds of them up there in the winter.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Native Texan

HydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to PirateHydraSports has been promoted to Pirate
Saw a big flock this morning up here in Huntsville. Pulled over so I could clearly identify them.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Smackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to PirateSmackdaddy53 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGABITE View Post
Here's some in Sugar Land
Did you Google those?

http://www.fishingscout.com/scouts/SmackDaddy
Old 10-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Don't bro me unless you know me

MEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to PirateMEGABITE has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackdaddy53 View Post
Did you Google those?

Negative, I took those pics. The first one was near Skeeters stadium and the second was at a park down the street from my house.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:42 PM
People are Pigs. Clean up your own mess!

TXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to PirateTXXpress has been promoted to Pirate
I mark my calendar each year when the white pelicans hit our local marsh area. Last year the pelicans arrived on November 2nd. 2Cool!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Registered Users-pm+

catndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Piratecatndahats has been promoted to Pirate
the white pelicans began arriving in Seabrook a few weeks ago, and I saw another flock again today circling....I look forward to their arrival every year. I like TXXpress's idea of marking the calendar...thanks!