Check engine light and inspection - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 04-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Banned

neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)neckdeep is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Check engine light and inspection

Does anyone know if you can get an inspection sticker in Texas if your "check Engine Light" stays on all the time. If not is there a way to unplug it ?

My Fiance' got a ticket this morning for expired inspection and her light stays on, we are planning on selling her car and do not want to put a bunch of money in it.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Bird Flu Eradication Team

deebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Pirate
i had a bronco with that problem, and they wouldnt pass it, so we put a piece of black electrical tape over it and you couldnt tell it was on. Passed inspection with flying colors.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:49 AM
88 Ag

spotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Pirate
Mine was on last August when I went in for my annual inspection and they wouldn't even inspect it. They said until you get the problem fixed it WILL NOT PASS even if you unplug it. You will have to get the problem fixed before you can sell it because the buyer is gonna want an inspection sticker.
Registered Users-pm+

speckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Pirate
it will not pass with the check engine light on

best chance is to clear the codes (disconnect battery for a few minutes) - then go straight to inspection station.

I'd even clear the codes in the parking lot before the inspection if I had to.
good looking single member

BEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to Pirate
Have you had it checked, it could be as simple as a bad gas cap or a timing belt maint., past the factory recomended mileage.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Bobby has disabled reputation
Take the bulb out
Old 04-25-2006, 08:51 AM
88 Ag

spotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Pirate
Hey Deebo, that is very interesting. I am curious what everybody else's experience has been. I wonder now if they just tell you that. They told me the inspection machine would detect the problem and then they would bill me for the inspection even if it doesn't pass. They suggested to get it fixed first then come back.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:54 AM
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by neckdeep
Does anyone know if you can get an inspection sticker in Texas if your "check Engine Light" stays on all the time. If not is there a way to unplug it ?
Nope.....I just went thru this

Even if you reset the system you have to run your vechicle for 50 miles before inspection....

there is no way to disable the light and still pass

She has 10 days to get it inspected to get out of the ticket

So if she is beyond that point she should just pay the $150 bucks and save the time from sitting in court

She will also have issues selling the vechicle with an expired inspection and CEL on (CEL = check engion light)

The sad thing is its proably some $10 dollar O2 sensor in some screwed up place where it cost $400 dollar in labor just to get to it
Old 04-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Registered Users-pm+

johnnyjack is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)johnnyjack is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
How old is vehicle? If it is OBDII the computer will spit out the code and it will show up even if you cover up the light. I agree with SC clear the codes. Also Auto Zone (maybe others) will read the computer for codes free.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Bird Flu Eradication Team

deebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Piratedeebo has been promoted to Pirate
this was an older bronco (88) and the light had been on for as long as i could remember. All i know is that it worked for me.