Browning High Power in a Police Holster - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum

Old 06-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Moosehoof87
Registered Users-pm+

Moosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to Pirate
Work Browning High Power in a Police Holster

So the other day I was sitting in a Houston Court room with another 50+other people. I was there fighting a traffic ticket I got a few months ago. Well not much you can do in these court rooms to pass the time so I entertained my boredom with a game of eye spy with myself. I was looking at name tags and checking out what kind of guns some of the police officers were carrying. I was watching the name tags in hope that the officer that gave me the ticket wouldn't come in so it would get dismissed and I was checking out what was in the holsters just cause I was interested. Well for those who was wondering I ended up getting my ticket dismissed.

ANYWAYS,

But back to the point of this thread. I noticed most of the cops carried Sigs, Berettas, Glocks, M&Ps, and a few revolvers...but then I noticed one Police Officer was carrying a Browning High Power. I know Britain's military has still been using the Browning High Power and recently has started changing to Glock 17's. So can some police carry what they want that isn't issued to them?

I'm 100% sure it was a Browning High Power. From the look of the hammer and the mag well and shape of the grip. It wasn't a 1911. I could tell from the NON single stack mag and shape of the gun. Kinda cool
Moosehoof87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
Well at HPD guns are not issued you buy them.
CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Moosehoof87
Registered Users-pm+

Moosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to PirateMoosehoof87 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLIE View Post
Well at HPD guns are not issued you buy them.
oh i see. well thats interesting to see a high power being carried. i've always liked them
Moosehoof87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
Wolf6151
Registered Users-pm+

Wolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to Pirate
HPD doesn't issue firearms, Officers buy their own within dept. guidelines. Those guidelines were created 10+ yrs. ago to standardize the firearms carried and to make it cheaper on the city who provides the holsters. It's cheaper for them to order and provide holsters for 5 different pistols than for 25 different pistols. When those guidelines were created those of us that were already here were grandfathered in and they were allowed to continue carrying the pistol they were used to. You still see a few High-Powers, and 1911's but not many. Most Officers I see are carrying Glocks and Sig Sauers.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Trouthunter
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Wolf6151 did you know Carl Herrmann with West Side HPD?

TH
Old 06-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
Wolf6151
Registered Users-pm+

Wolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to PirateWolf6151 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouthunter View Post
Wolf6151 did you know Carl Herrmann with West Side HPD?

TH

Nope, sorry. I've always worked the Southeast side of town at the Mykawa station.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
Cap-N-Red
The Ole Reprobate

Cap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to PirateCap-N-Red has been promoted to Pirate
Hey Wolf6151 , did you know Sgt Fred Walschberger. He might have been at the academy then or at the southeast substation. He's a member of the same Airstream unit as myself. Not sure when he retired but it was a while back , maybe around '85 or so.
Cap-N-Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
Trouthunter
An Over 50 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Hell Red, Wolf would have been 20 years old when your buddy retired lol.

TH
Old 08-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
Bassman5119
Registered Users-pm+

Bassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to Pirate
Love My BHP

That's a good observation. I tend to check out what officers are carrying too and see that most of them have evolved to polymer frames. Every now and then I see an older officer with revolver, but most are semi-autos.

If we had open carry, I'd have a bad-*** leather holster and would carry my Hi-power. I quit carrying it when I found out how much it had increased in value and saw that the blueing was being affected on the trigger guard by my Fobus holster. Also, got caught in the rain bow hunting and had to strip and lube it. Not as worried about my Glock in those cases. I bought mine in about 1982 in lieu of a Berretta and I'm glad I did. I use it to qualify for CHL and have had class high score every time, and that was with some rapid firing. It's that good, I'm not.

It makes sense that departments would want officers to carry what they're comfortable with, within reason. Don't need desk jockey's or a lezbo mayor telling field people what they have to use. Stay safe out there.
Bassman5119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
Capn-red

I knew him
CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message