Self leveling trim tabs? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Bozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to Pirate
Self leveling trim tabs?

Do they work well? I have a 18 foot boat and I am thinking about getting some of the bennett self leveling tabs, but I can't find a review on line from customers saying if they are happy with them or not.

If you have some, give me some feedback please.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Tabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Bozo,

The SLT is a brand new product from Bennett and dealers are just now getting there first shipments. Since it's new there aren't any reviews yet, but I would be delighted to answer any questions you might have.

Tom McGow
Bennett Marine
Old 02-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Bozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to Pirate
Well, I guess I'll have to be a guinea pig then.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Tabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerTabman has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
Well, I guess I'll have to be a guinea pig then.
Well, we did test them before sending them to market

If you haven't looked at the installation instructions yet here is a link to them http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/pdf/i...structions.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tom
Old 02-21-2013, 06:19 PM

mstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Piratemstrelectricman has been promoted to Pirate
I'd like to have some on my boat, but the list of wants does nothing but get longer.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Hooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to Pirate
Tom/Tabman is a super guy to deal with. He has helped me in the past when I had hiccups with my Bennets. Met him through another boating website.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Badbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of GunnerBadbagger has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Also REALLY interested in reading on these tabs. Tom has answered some questions and I know Bennett has a great reputation. I'd still LOVE to read reviews by others who have tried them first hand.

Inquiring minds...
Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
I have seen lots of folks who really dont even really know how to use tabs. They jack the engine up and then fight it with tabs by trying to push it down. Never see anyone raise them both up and then adjust the level of the boat with just one tab. They fight it with both tabs buried in the water. No wonder we see so many break off the boat. Dont have a clue how a self leveling tab will work with the engine at who knows where angle.. Jus sayin. I have had Bennett tabs for years and love em. Really normally use just one to level the boat. (single engine).