pelican ambush "micro skiff" - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered Users-pm+

acwizzard has disabled reputation
Couldnt you covert a small sailboat into this easily?I see them sitting everywhere and most look like they havent been used in a long time .Should be able to pick one up cheap.Some have the flat back for a small motor and are 10-15 foot long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Borders, language, culture

Stuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to PirateStuart has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by acwizzard View Post
Couldnt you covert a small sailboat into this easily?I see them sitting everywhere and most look like they havent been used in a long time .Should be able to pick one up cheap.Some have the flat back for a small motor and are 10-15 foot long

That could be interesting. A lot of those are flat bottom and used a moveable keel. And you're right, you can pick them up cheap.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Hook Spit Pro Staff

aggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirateaggie182 has been promoted to Pirate
http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1323870851

Info here.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Trim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to Pirate
My buddy mike has one with a 6 hp merc and its a blast to drive. Never GPS it but probably in the 15 to 20 maybe more. They are a little tipsy but once you get the hang of it our of to the races. Hey daft maybe 4 in fully loaded with motor and person. You can pole it for hours, he said now he has a trolling motor on mounted to the front on a birds stall mount. Great for back lakes. When he's in town we load it in my bay boat take him out to the marsh line in east bay and let him out and he gets way way back out in the marsh. I have been thinking about getting a little boat to and it's one of 3 I'm looking at. And his kids love to drive it supper fun little boat
Old 12-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Registered Users-pm+

RobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to PirateRobRed has been promoted to Pirate
looking think the mount runs $ 300 not to sure though. Between boat motor and trailer adman option your looking ball park $ 4500 plus. You say alot of $$$ and it is a large investment but when you think of what of what you can do with it. I don't know of another vessel that offers such. Now keep in mind I still have not seen one in person but when I do I'll report my opnion
Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 PM
WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!

coachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Piratecoachlaw has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by acwizzard View Post

There was a fellow here who sold a converted Sunfish sailboat rigged out nicely for very little dough probably last year. Had a little 2.5 horse on it. Looked really cool.

I like the look of a micro skiff, but I'm a macro fisherman.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:46 PM
STALKING

cfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Piratecfulbright has been promoted to Pirate
I like the motor mount on the ambush more then the soloskiff. On the Solo it looks like the motor hangs down to far for the marshes around here.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Trim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to PirateTrim-Happy has been promoted to Pirate
i was looking at some of the boats im thinking of buying and found a sweet ambush thought you might want to see
http://www.skinnyskiff.com/2012/11/2...-skiff-review/
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Registered Users-pm+

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
Has anyone been out in one?

Seems like the questions as with kayaks is what is the primary and secondary stability?
AND
how do they handle waves in our usual fall 10 to 15 mph winds.
Wet or dry ride? rough or stable ride?

You are moving your center weight cooler high or higher so your mass is not nearly as close to the bottom of the boat so it could be less stable.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Red3Fish has disabled reputation
"how do they handle waves in our usual fall 10 to 15 mph winds."

I have never been out in one, but I can tell you, you don't want to be in any open bay with a 13' and low freeboard with 15 mph winds! LOL They are made for protected waters only, or "ice cream" days, when the weather won't come up later in the day. Trust me!

Later
R3F