Tarpon Fishing - Port Aransas - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Texas Tarpon

Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Registered Users-pm+

NationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerNationalGunTrader has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
tarpon Tarpon Fishing - Port Aransas

I am thinking about starting to target Tarpon this year out of Port Aransas. I am new to the area and fairly new to Tarpon Fishing.

Can anyone give good suggestions for a good tarpon guide out of Port A?

Also, any suggestions on where, when and what to fish with if I decide to just do it on my own?

Thanks guys and gals!!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Registered Users-pm+

hyperman is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I live in port a, and fish the jetty nearly every day (that i am home) for tarpon. There is no set location, i have seen them end to end, inside and outside of the south jetty.
Since i primarily fly-fish, i don't cast unless i see fish, then blind cast, or stork and wait for one to feed nearby. North jetty is the same, though i don't take the jetty boat over there ever, but when i don;t need exercise i'll take the skiff out and fish both jetties.
There are no rules, but here are some guidlines:
1) moving water is better then slack.
2) early morning or late evening is better than full daylight, though a good percentage of my tarpon have been caught late morning.
3) When i lived in south texas (south padre) i would fish the jetty at night. Have not bothered to do that here as i get plenty during the day. I seldom hook a fish here as big as the smallest i ever jumped in south padre fishing at night.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM
FishingCharterSPI.com

texasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Piratetexasislandboy has been promoted to Pirate
I'm glad I saw this post I'm planning on hitting tarpon hard this year out at port A and SPI
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Registered Users-pm+

dmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Piratedmat has been promoted to Pirate
There are not a lot of guides that target Tarpon, there are a couple of guides that can. One is Rene Lopez, he is a good friend and local who just got his captains license with a lot of time around the jetties fishing for tarpon. It is not something you can plan a month or two out, usually we will fish the jetties a lot and then start to see the tarpon show up. Give me a cal and I can discuss some more info with you.

Dave
Texas Charter Fleet