Portable Generator for Horse Trailer - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Registered Users-pm+

BATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to Pirate
Portable Generator for Horse Trailer

Got a new horse trailer w living quaters and looking into getting a portable generator for it. It has very basic electronic.

AC/DC converter for the lights
fresh water pumps for shower/sink
tiny fridge
micowave
13.5BTU Air Conditioner
22" TV/DVD

I was told if I use a generator withOUT an "INVERTER" it would blow all my electrical components. I have, in the past used non inverter portables to power house, deer camp etc and never had problems but this is my 1st trailer like this and I dont want to tear up something so new.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:31 PM
sea monkey rancher

CoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to Pirate
call blubonnet rv in rosenberg , they work w those all the time
Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Founder

Mont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to Pirate
The only advantage to an inverter is that the engine RPM can adjust to the load. Under light load, the engine is able to slow way down and still maintain the voltage. That makes it use less fuel and make less noise. I have over 1200 hours on the Onan on my RV and it's non inverter. It runs at a constant 3600 RPM. If you are going to put your generator on the roof of that trailer like most guys do, the inverter generator will be a lot quieter. I have a 2000 Watt Honda that's an inverter and under light load, you can barely hear it run.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Who Farted?

KillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to Pirate
Just left a local pawnshop they had a Kipor IG3000 for $499. Looked to be in very good condtition. If I didint already have a Honda 3000 the Kipor would be in the back of my truck.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Registered Users-pm+

BATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to PirateBATWING has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont View Post
The only advantage to an inverter is that the engine RPM can adjust to the load. Under light load, the engine is able to slow way down and still maintain the voltage. That makes it use less fuel and make less noise. I have over 1200 hours on the Onan on my RV and it's non inverter. It runs at a constant 3600 RPM. If you are going to put your generator on the roof of that trailer like most guys do, the inverter generator will be a lot quieter. I have a 2000 Watt Honda that's an inverter and under light load, you can barely hear it run.
MOnt,

Will that 2000w Honda be capable of kicking the AC on a RV type trailer? I understand with the noise. Good thing I have a 100' 30amp cord

Im just trying to figure out a way to power this thing as economical as possible because we will not use it that often. Maybe a dozen times a year.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaHookset View Post
Just left a local pawnshop they had a Kipor IG3000 for $499. Looked to be in very good condtition. If I didint already have a Honda 3000 the Kipor would be in the back of my truck.

where at?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Founder

Mont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to PirateMont has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATWING View Post
MOnt,

Will that 2000w Honda be capable of kicking the AC on a RV type trailer? I understand with the noise. Good thing I have a 100' 30amp cord

Im just trying to figure out a way to power this thing as economical as possible because we will not use it that often. Maybe a dozen times a year.

It will run mine, but barely. Two of them cabled up will work great. There is a special set of cables that allows you to hook them together. 3100-3600 watts is standard for RV's. Honda makes a darn nice 3K inverter generator. Chief Charlie has one and it's super quiet.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Who Farted?

KillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to PirateKillaHookset has been promoted to Pirate
pm sent bat
Old 03-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Registered Users-pm+

millertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Piratemillertym_1978 has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag3 generator

When I had issues with my Honda opening weekend of deer season I picked up a Champion 3500 from TSC for $299. It was abused for the rest of the season and still cranks up 1-2 pulls. Not a Honda but for the price I am very satisfied.... Look at www.wisesales.com for Honda or Yamaha generators
Old 03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered Users-pm+

StinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to PirateStinkBait has been promoted to Pirate
I have the Honda 3000EUIS myself and absolutely love it. If you can afford it and use it often do yourself the favor and get one. You will love it, your neighbors will love you.