Painting plastic on four wheeler help - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > DIY (Do it yourself) forum

Old 09-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Icetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to Pirate
Painting plastic on four wheeler help

I've got an old 4wheeler and when I got it the plastics paint was really shitty. The people that had it before me painted over the original paint which was faded, now the paint they put down is about 50% gone. So I'm going to paint it. But don't know what to do. Sand it? Then paint it? Spray paint will work? Or a certain kind?

Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Registered Users-pm+

chucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Piratechucktx has been promoted to Pirate
the best prep is to wash it, then sand it. then wash it again to remove all the sanding dust. before spaying use a product called "bulldog". it comes in spray cans or by the quart. follow directions. this product is a adheason promoter and will prevent the paint from peeling off. it is what is used on plastic bumbers.....good luck with it. i do this type of work to make fishing money.......if ya need more help, just ask. i will do my best to answer your questions............
Old 09-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Registered Users-pm+

snack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Piratesnack has been promoted to Pirate
When i was dirt track racing we got some plastic primer from a place called performancebodies.com worked real good.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Registered Users-pm+

txjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matetxjester has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
I know Lowes has some spray paint that is made for plastiv applications i wanna say i payed like $6 bucks a can when i redone my 4-wheeler
Old 09-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Still trying to figure it all out

bassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Piratebassguitarman has been promoted to Pirate
Some of the new formulations for painting plastic are pretty amazing. I painted a plastic part and used one of my big blue trash cans to put the part on (okay, I can be lazy). The plastic trash can was obviously not washed, primed or prepared in any way, but after two years the heavy paint overspray is still there. Pretty impressive stuff.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:05 PM

Supergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to PirateSupergas has been promoted to Pirate
Idea Rustoleum Universal Spray Paint

This is what I have used on several golf cart bodies..

Works great, do not have to use a "Plastic Primer".. Just follow instructions on can... this stuff will paint most any surface..

I can paint a complete cart body with 3-4 cans...

Many colors in the Gloss version plus some cool hammered paints...

Good luck,

SG
Old 09-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Beat The Hell Outta Cancer

aggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirateaggieanglr has been promoted to Pirate
Sand it and clean all of the old paint off of it and bring it to me and let me Hydrographic print it. I can do it in camo patterns or anything you like. When it's done it will be clear coated and look brand new. Just like the plastics on new four wheelers. Give me a call if you're interested.
E.B.
H2O Ink
979-778-0109
Old 01-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.

dwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Piratedwilliams35 has been promoted to Pirate
Krylon Fusion. Made for plastic, works well, and available any dang where, even wal-mart.
. You will need to get the old stuff off of there.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilliams35 View Post
Krylon Fusion. Made for plastic, works well, and available any dang where, even wal-mart.
. You will need to get the old stuff off of there.
X2
Old 01-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Registered Users-pm+

ShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to PirateShoalwaterLegend has been promoted to Pirate
I painted a few Ice chests with the Krylon Fusion Paint. WORST IDEA EVER. I followed the directions, cleaned the chests with acetone, painted with two coats of black fusion, and then finished with 2 coats of red. I followed the time limits on the can to a T. Now I have red, black and original white ice chests