Flounder jumping out of the water - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 05-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Wishin4Fishin

SaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Flounder jumping out of the water

Went out today for a little fishing. A bud of mine decided to fish one of the bayous that's connected to moses lake.
Fished it for about 15 min with no luck. Right when we were about to leave I saw a flounder jump like a foot out of the water.
Never seen that before. Decided to cast to it. First cast, nada, second same. Third on, twitch, twitch pause. BAM.
Fish on. Little guy wasn't much I just thought it was pretty cool how he gave away his location. Got em on a hackaberry hustler.
First time I tie on of those to the line and it didn't let me down. Impressive little plastic. Here's a pic of the little guy
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered Users-pm+

perchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirateperchjerk has been promoted to Pirate
I was fishing the point right across from Stringarey marina one time when I was younger and saw what looked to be about a 18 inch or so flounder jump a couple feet out of the water as well. First and last time ive seen that.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Wishin4Fishin

SaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSaltRaider has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I guess its pretty rare then
Old 05-30-2011, 11:35 PM
shake and bake

goodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirategoodwood has been promoted to Pirate
amazing thing. saw it for the first time a year or two ago.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:46 PM
No boat-reverting back to "Jetty Master"

trackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Piratetrackatrout has been promoted to Pirate
Saw it last week when the high tides were pouring water into the marsh, bait was being sucked in by the current and the fish were jumping after them. I was cool to watch. My son and I landed a few of them. They were mostly juvenile fish with a couple keepers mixed in.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:51 PM

Down South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to PirateDown South Lures has been promoted to Pirate
I saw some flounder jump out of the water once when we were anchored at the first cut in Matagorda several years ago. They were chasing bait right up against the shoreline. The tide was ripping through at that time. We caught several flounder, nothing really big. The ate a glow D.O.A. shrimp.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Get the Net!

Troutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to PirateTroutfisch has been promoted to Pirate
I've observed flounder jumping a couple times myself - both times they were chasing shad in shallow water. It's a cool sight for sure, congrats on your catch.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Registered Users-pm+

valleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Piratevalleyteacher has been promoted to Pirate
The only flounder I have heard of "jumping" out of the water was one that my brother saw being tossed out of the water by a dolphin (mammal) only to be tossed again a few feet further. I wonder if the flounder was even alive, this was when the red tide hit SPI two years ago.

Here is a link from a fishing report earlier about a week or two ago with a flounder out of the water, it seems to big for a gull to pick it out of the water,

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...oto=nextoldest

Paste it, and let me know if it does not show.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Registered Users-pm+

johnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Piratejohnmyjohn has been promoted to Pirate
Ten years back I was wading Pelican isle channel side. There were pretty high rollers to where I shouldn't have been there but the flounder called. A hundred yards in front of me I could see what looked like a 3-4 lb size flounder coming out of the water. After about the fourth time seeing this nice size fish clearing the water about four feet I saw that the fish was not jumping but being thrown about by porpoise. I guess it don't count as a jump but a half good tale to tell anyway.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:51 AM
Registered Users-pm+

justinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Piratejustinn has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyteacher View Post
The only flounder I have heard of "jumping" out of the water was one that my brother saw being tossed out of the water by a dolphin (mammal) only to be tossed again a few feet further. I wonder if the flounder was even alive, this was when the red tide hit SPI two years ago.

Here is a link from a fishing report earlier about a week or two ago with a flounder out of the water, it seems to big for a gull to pick it out of the water,

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...oto=nextoldest

Paste it, and let me know if it does not show.
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I