Best time to fish the croaker? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion

Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered Users-pm+

dendroran is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Tongue Best time to fish the croaker?

I know it sounds strange. But, I would like to go down to Galveston area to fish some croakers (of course, without boat) for my Asian friends. Could you let me know when and where the best is? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Questions Answered "While You Wait"

Timemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to Pirate
Hmmmmm

Are you asking about catching croaker -OR- using croaker as bait for other species?

Could make a difference in the responses you get.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:04 AM
***, Over?

Bayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to Pirate
And your Asian friends - are they Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean? That might make a difference too.

(Fyi... This was just a joke. I was wondering why we needed to know your friends were Asian.)
Old 04-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered Users-pm+

dendroran is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Smile

Thank you, Timemachine, for your point. I want to catch the croaker for my Asian friend, not for bait. He said the croaker, particularly golden croaker, is one of the best edible fish in his custom. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Tabula Rasa

Reel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendroran View Post
Thank you, Timemachine, for your point. I want to catch the croaker for my Asian friend, not for bait. He said the croaker, particularly golden croaker, is one of the best edible fish in his custom. Thanks.
Goldfish ??
Old 04-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Questions Answered "While You Wait"

Timemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to PirateTimemachine has been promoted to Pirate
I used to target croaker some time back. Your friends are right, it is good table fair. Hope you get some good info here cause I would like to know too.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Banned

moganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Piratemoganman has been promoted to Pirate
Fish kemah channel or by pelican island with dead shrimp. You are gonna catch table fare whether whiting, croaker, black drum, redfish, sheepshead. Goodluck.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Miles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to PirateMiles2Fish has been promoted to Pirate
You can probably catch them right off the beach with dead shrimp....
Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 AM
DOINK

Poon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to PiratePoon Chaser has been promoted to Pirate
The beach at 4:20
Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM
fishes with calcutta

TomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to Pirate
The annual Croaker run usually starts in late September or early October when the bay waters start to cool a little. Your friend is right; Coaker and Whiting are excellent eating.