Which tube, raft, inflatable ski (?) is best to pull behind the boat for kids? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered Users-pm+

71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate
Which tube, raft, inflatable ski (?) is best to pull behind the boat for kids?

My 9 year old wants to tube (?) behind the boat. Any opinions on what is fun/safe/stable maybe. I see the 3 person inflatable skis but fear if three people fell out at one time that might be hazardous. I thought I heard that the Torpedos took a little skill to ride so that wont work. I thought a tube might be more fun and maybe one big enough might hold 2 kids.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Walkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to PirateWalkin' Jack has been promoted to Pirate
Tractor tire innertube...if you can find one. I have logged a many a nautical mile behind a boat on one a them. Just don't try to go too fast and have him hang onto the back side of it. Or sit in it and lean back towards the back side. Good luck!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 PM
sea monkey rancher

CoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to Pirate
used to sell a few diff kinds , look at how they attach to the tow rope, you get what you pay for , ought to be some summer clearance deals about now.

ck out Overton's online for styles
Old 08-23-2010, 01:25 PM
HOOK 'EM

B2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to PirateB2 has been promoted to Pirate
Super Ninja from Academy sure is entertaining for our kids. It is like a big jetski, one rides on the seat, in front is an inner tube like cut out for another kid to ride.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Tabula Rasa

Reel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to PirateReel_Blessed II has been promoted to Pirate
Wing 2 at Academy. My 12 and 9 yr old boys have fun on it. 3 on a tube is an accident waiting to happen. Too many elbows and heads flopping around.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered Users-pm+

speckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Piratespeckle-catcher has been promoted to Pirate
"big mable" or "big bertha"
Old 08-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Ditto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to PirateDitto has been promoted to Pirate
Tubes

I would stick with a 72" or smaller tube. If you get too big they tend to catch too much air and can get out of the water. In this pic the blue tube is a 72" 3 person tube with two 15 yo boys on it. I think it's made by O'Brian. Got it at Academy. Can't remember what size the yellow tube is. It's also a 3 person tube but quite a bit larger.

This is our third summer to use it and it takes a beating on the water. The harder the ride the more my son likes it. He made the mistake once of betting me that I couldn't throw him off within 5 minutes. He's never made that mistake again.

Get one that you can lay across not sit inside of. The ones you sit inside of have a tendancy to just stay behind the boat.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Don't touch my junk, bro!

jamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Piratejamisjockey has been promoted to Pirate
I just bought a two person round one that has alot of hand-positions on it.