How much would you pay to process a pig? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board

Old 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Fish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
How much would you pay to process a pig?

So, the story is, I had two really good looking wild pigs that I wanted to have processed and cut on so I took them to get processed at a meat market in here in the Houston area. The pigs were skinned before I took it in to have processed. I did not request anything special. I requested for the pigs to just be cut on and maybe a couple of packets of pan sausage with the trimmings. Both of the pigs were about 80 pounds or so and the meat looked great.

The turn around time was great, less than a week. Now the price tag for both pigs is $135.00.

I took a pig in last year to another place and paid about $40.00.

I thought I would try the new place out but WOW! I did not expect a $135.00 price tag??

Live and learn I guess?

My question is, what would be a fair amount to pay per pig? With the weight of one pig being under 100 lbs.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 PM

royboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirateroyboy42 has been promoted to Pirate
I paid $75 to have 1 done 2 weeks ago at Hildebrandts, about 100 lbs of meat. I had it made into pan and link sausage and of course the chops and roast. Im pleased with what I got, sauage is really good. Did u pay $135 total or apiece?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Fish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Aholic has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
I paid $75 to have 1 done 2 weeks ago at Hildebrandts, about 100 lbs of meat. I had it made into pan and link sausage and of course the chops and roast. Im pleased with what I got, sauage is really good. Did u pay $135 total or apiece?
No. I paid $135.00 for both. Both pigs weighed about 80 pounds.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Captn Luchak

airbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirateairbornxpress has been promoted to Pirate
where

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Aholic View Post
No. I paid $135.00 for both. Both pigs weighed about 80 pounds.
I have one in my garage and I will cut it up myself
Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 PM
180+

10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate
I've never paid more than $35 to have a hog processed. Sausage, chorizo, chops and hams cut and packaged. But I usually ask before I leave it with them.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Follically Challenged

DANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to PirateDANO has been promoted to Pirate
I guess I'm lucky,... my wife processes all the wild game I bring home.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ERBETTER View Post
I've never paid more than $35 to have a hog processed. Sausage, chorizo, chops and hams cut and packaged. But I usually ask before I leave it with them.

Thats more like what I was thinking. I should of asked but I do not know of may places that will take wild pigs around the Houston area. Where do you take yours to get processed?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:18 PM
180+

10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate10ERBETTER has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANO View Post
I guess I'm lucky,... my wife processes all the wild game I bring home.
You are lucky.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:23 PM
180+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Aholic View Post
Thats more like what I was thinking. I should of asked but I do not know of may places that will take wild pigs around the Houston area. Where do you take yours to get processed?
A guy down near Carrizo Springs.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Registered Users-pm+

HEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerHEADSHAKER has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Thats good money135.00 an hour!Does seem a little high[about 50.bucks].