2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

YEAH! Thief caught in La Porte!

3K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  Sunbeam 
#1 ·
Yesterday after work one of the guys here in the office stopped at the Kroger store at the corner of 146 and Fairmont Pkwy, as he came out of the store he saw an middle-aged Hispanic male slowly driving his pickup out onto Fairmont, he tried to chase on foot but failed. Anyways he calls 911 and the guy was caught within a couple miles...buddy got his truck back with a busted steering column.

Thief told cops... "I got tired of walking in the rain so I took the truck" :rolleyes:

Mark one down for the good guys!

#5 ·
Yesterday after work one of the guys here in the office stopped at the Kroger store at the corner of 146 and Fairmont Pkwy, as he came out of the store he saw an middle-aged Hispanic male slowly driving his pickup out onto Fairmont, he tried to chase on foot but failed. Anyways he calls 911 and the guy was caught within a couple miles...buddy got his truck back with a busted steering column.

Thief told cops... "I got tired of walking in the rain so I took the truck" :rolleyes:

Mark one down for the good guys!
Are you freaking kidding me? tired of walking in the rain so you take someone else property? Kuddos to the cop and the owner for sticking with it and not letting the scumbag get away.

#8 ·
yess!

I had my truck stolen in pasadena a few years back. took everything out of it leather seats radio everything! The theif was driving it sitting on a lawn chair he turned a corner and lost it, hit a parked tahoe that just happened to be my freinds/coworker. he quickley ran out of his house tackeled the guy and waited for police. When he walked back to my truck he seen a peice of mail addressed to me! called me way before the cops did.
lol small world huh?

shootem all!

#24 ·
Glad to see some justice is served now and then. I had a guy in my yard last year during hunting season last year just about to leave with my boat, when a friend of mine drove by and saw what was going on. He called the Sheriff's office and chased this guy without the boat because he coudln't get the jack to roll up enough to swivel and lock it and when my buddy drove up to him in the yard in the yard the boat was sitting on the ball not latched. He asked him what he was doing and he said his truck was running hot. So my buddy asked him what he was doing with the boat on his ball and he said that he was backing out of the yard and the hitch fell on his ball.LOL. My buddy told him "I fish all the time and I can't hardly get it on there on purpose. Well while he was on the phone with the Sheriff's department, the guy ran and took off causing the boat to come disconnected to the truck because it wasn't latched. Well anyways he chased this guy for @45 mins. when he finally was stopped in Wharton county and was given a ticket for speeding and failure to use a turn signal, asked a few questions about being at my house then released, that's right released. I pulled thid guys record and he was currently on perole for some of the same things, not only to mention about 11 or twelve other pages of trouble he'd been in since the late 80s. When called by Matagorda county he admitted to being in my yard and tried to tell the same story but it had changed a little by then. I did press ahcerges and told the Sheriff's office that I wanted him arrested because I was told that the value of the boat made this a felony, and that if it was a felony that if I wanted him taken in that by law they had to arrest him, of course he could have posted bail maybe. But nothing ever happened. I was told that they would issue a blue warrant for him and that when he checked in with his perole officer that they would arrest him. The problem with that is that if he doesn't commit at least a misdemeaner his perole officer will never know. I have called the Sheriff's office several times and nothing had ever been done about it that was about 6 months ago and I got tired fo getting nowhere. Oh yeah one more funny thing when my buddy told him he was calling the police the guy asked him "Man can't you just let me go? Anyways glad to see some justice for a change, no this guy didn't get my boat but he did get away with what he was attemping to do without having to be responsible for his actions. This is why these guys do what they do , the consequences are mild. Good for you, and I agree if he was tired of walking in the rain, he should have tried running, or how about getting out of the **** rain?

#25 ·
A guy stole one of my boats about three years ago. He had it six months up around Waco. TP&W put me on to him when he tried to transfer the title with a forged signature.
He got 13 months probation. It cost me $2200 to fix the damage he did to the Merc four stroke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.