Discount Tire or NTB? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB

Notices

View Poll Results: Discount tire or NTB?
Discount Tire 170 90.91%
NTB 17 9.09%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
rvj
Banned

rvj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Piratervj has been promoted to Pirate
I have three vehicles. I purchase tires for my to older vehicles at Discount tire. My new truck has never needed new tires until I hit something on I-10 east close to the San Jacinto river bridge. Put my spare on the truck, and made it home. Went to the discount tire in pearland and purchased a new tire. They put the one new tire on, and put all four tires on my warranty plan, even though I only purchased one. Thats customer service.........
rvj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
Mo City Rick
These kids grow up to fast...

Mo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to PirateMo City Rick has been promoted to Pirate
I like NTB as they usually are much faster and the first time I used them they were actually $15 cheaper per tire on some Goodyear wranglers for my wife's Suburban. I also like that I can have the Alignment done at the same time. However, My last visit looking for a tire for my wife's Corola (she refused to spend 100 buck per fill up when gas whent over $3) They did not have the tire, Were to order it, called after 6 days and they had no record of it. Promised to get it and failed again... Asked to talk to manager, not there, told he would contact me next day... Do i need to tell you what happened... Probably will be finding new tire shop...

BTW - Wife found this "Exotic" tire at Dealership for 22 buck cheaper... I was floored...

Rick
Mo City Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #13
NaClH2O
aka Salty Nacho

NaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to PirateNaClH2O has been promoted to Pirate
I've always used Discount Tire. I've never had an NTB nearby, so I've never actually been to one. Discount has always treated me well, including rotating my tires for free several months after the purchase of a new car, so I've never had a reason to go anywhere else.

I have heard good things about NTB from others in my family, though. I would have no problems about going to one if there was one near me.
NaClH2O is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #14
scubaru
Team OMAB Prostaff

scubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Piratescubaru has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9121SS View Post
Used both. I like NTB better. Cheaper and faster and have more services.
I like finding places cheaper than Discount, because they will price match and then beat it by 10%.
scubaru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #15
mastercylinder
Big Brother Is Watching You

mastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Piratemastercylinder has been promoted to Pirate
you should have included a poll selection for "none of the above."
mastercylinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
wisslbritches
Fishmoore & Doolittle, Retirement Clubs

wisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Piratewisslbritches has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercylinder View Post
you should have included a poll selection for "none of the above."

..........or "Both"

I have a car that has tires on it from Discount and I take that one to Discount. Excellent service. I actually got a notice in the mail awhile back for a valve stem recall on those.

I had to take our Durango to an NTB awhile back. I needed ONE tire and Discount didnt have it in stock, NTB did....so I take our other vehicle to NTB. No probs w/ them either. One just opened out here that's only a bicycle ride distance away so I imagine they'll be getting all my tire business eventually. I can ride my bike home while they work on the cars.
wisslbritches is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
Fishing Logic
Making them eat organic polymers

Fishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to PirateFishing Logic has been promoted to Pirate
I've had the same exp. as flatsfat with NTB in Alvin. I'm done with the whole chain.

FL
Fishing Logic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #18
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to PirateDrew_Smoke has been promoted to Pirate
NTB can kiss my a-s-s
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #19
notthatdeep
Registered Users-pm+

notthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Pirate
Depends on which one has the best price on the tires I need at the time. Both have done well for me.
notthatdeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #20
Texan
Registered Users-pm+

Texan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to PirateTexan has been promoted to Pirate
I ordered some Goodyear's for my truck and when I went to have them installed the guy comes out and says that someone had installed the last one earlier. They asked if Michelin's would be okay for the same price? I had to contain my excitement because had I been able to afford the Michelin's at the time they would have been my first choice... Needless to say I said yes and I'm pricing the same set now over 100,000 miles later, so far Discount is the cheapest for these tires.

Tire rack is less but I would have to compare install costs now.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message