Trout Patties (bettter than crabcakes!) - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes

Old 08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Site Sponsor

StubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Trout Patties (bettter than crabcakes!)

Hello! I thought you guys might like to try these! We use trout or hybrid-striped bass. Probably could use any fish you catch!

Best Ever Trout Patties
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 tsp salt (or less if you use a salty- cajun seasoning)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
*1 good-sized trout (no idea how much to tell ya, I just
cook what they bring me) *baked, deboned, and flaked
1 Tb flour
1 cup water (dash of hotsauce added)
20 Club crackers (the Keebler "Club" crackers are key, here)
1 cup dried bread crumbs
1 Tb Emeril's rustic rub or other cajun seasoning
1/4 cup veggie oil

- Chop all veggies tiny
- Heat butter in skillet over med-high heat. Add onions, bell pepper, celery, salt, and cayenne. Cook 7-8 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Add the trout and mix all together.
-Dissolve flour into water and hotsauce. Stir into skillet. Stir for ~4 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat and cool.
- Crumble crackers and add to cooled mixture. Form into patties (add more cracker crumbs if too "wet" to form into patties)
- To the breadcrumbs, add the rustic rub or other seasoning. Coat the patties with this.
- Heat oil in skillet. Pan-fry patties ~3 minutes on each side or until browned. (we like ours pretty dang brown and "crunchy" on the outside)
- Let patties sit on paper towel to drain.
These are great for several days. Make them hotter with more hotsauce and seasoning. SOOOO good!

Hope you enjoy this. Nice to meet you guys!
http://www.stubbysteve.com (we'd love for you to check out our fishing lure!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 05:35 AM
Registered Users-pm+

rjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrjr has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
That sounds pretty interesting, my wife loves crab cakes and I have some fresh trout from yesterday so i'm gonna try this. Thanks for the recipe.
rjr
Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Site Sponsor

StubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of RiggerStubbySteve's has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Oh, I think you'll really enjoy it!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:35 PM

Dolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to PirateDolphingirl has been promoted to Pirate
Yum!

That sounds great. I do almost the same thing but I use balled kingfish! I boil the kingfish balls and then crumble in with the mixture. This is the only way we eat the kingfish! YUM!!!!

Kelly
Old 08-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Registered Users-pm+

czechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbieczechgrubworm has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
I second the kingfish for this.. we boil it too, and i love to add ****/shrimp boil in with the kingfish while boiling.. adds another good flavor.. way to go.. love this recipe for kingfish as well.. i made about 30 one evening and cooked outside on my electric skillet... they did a trick and dissappeared..
Old 08-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Site Sponsor

That's awesome! I'm glad everyone liked it! We also make it with striper. I've never eaten kingfish....

http://stubbysteve.com
Old 10-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Registered Users-pm+

Family Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to PirateFamily Style has been promoted to Pirate
i made this over the weekend and it was great. Wife has me making it again tonight. This one goes in the my book.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Cardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterCardiff has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Tried this recipe last night and it turned out great. Going to have to make it again soon.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered Users-pm+

bbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Piratebbgarcia has been promoted to Pirate
I use any kind of fish, but esp whiting and sand trout. i also boil/steam them w/ crab boil. Good stuff for sure.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 AM
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>

Bocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to PirateBocephus has been promoted to Pirate
Made this recipe last night. It turned out really good. I followed the recipe exactly, and the only thing I'll change next time is to add a little more seasoning, and maybe a couple of minced up Japs. That would be a personal thing for my tastes.

It would be perfect for those that don't like food too spicy, or if your cooking for kiddos.

Very good, and easy to make.