black tip shark recipe needed! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board

Old 06-06-2009, 11:41 AM
ITS JUST NEVER EASY

Never easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to Pirate
black tip shark recipe needed!

looking for a recipe for black tip shark. fry it grill it? whats the best way and what is your recommendations for seasonings?
Old 06-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Registered Users-pm+

expressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerexpressfish has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
grilled / seared / blackened over bacon grease/butter mix. Fried comes out too greasy.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Banned

clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Immediately after catching it, bleed it, filet it, skin the filets, place them in a bag and pack it in ice. At home, cut filets into peices about 4"x4"x1" thick for storage.

When you are ready to cook, marinated the pieces in Italian dressing for 30 minutes or more. Grill over a medium heat. Remove the pieces from the heat when about the doneness of medium rare beef. They will cook some on the way to the table. Shark is low in fat and will be dry if overcooked.

I have tried shark a lot of different ways and this my favorite way to cook it.

Shark also makes fantastic ceviche. It is a firm flesh and stands up to the lime juice well, without turning to mush. Cut the filets into roughly 1/2"x1/2" cubes. Medium dice tomatoes, onions and fine chop a couple of jalapenoes. Chop a little cilantro. Place the raw shark & vegetables in a non-reactive container. Add enough lime juice to cover. Salt and pepper to taste. Let it rest 12-24 hours in he fridge. Enjoy. I like it served with crackers or tortilla chips. The acid in the lime juice "cooks" the shark.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Registered Users-pm+

DA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to PirateDA REEL DADDY has been promoted to Pirate
I visited my father-in-law in Florida a couple of years ago. He grilled black tip steaks on a grill that were OUTSTANDING. I tried to call him to get the recipe but he is on vacation. I will post it when I get it. My son caught and released a 2 1/2 ft. black tip the other day too. When he got back to the house I told him not to do that that was a grilling fish. I think my father in law soak it in milk before grilling it. Not try to steal your thread but what is an ideal size of shark for grilling. Or does it matter?
Old 06-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never easy View Post
looking for a recipe for black tip shark. fry it grill it? whats the best way and what is your recommendations for seasonings?
Best I ever had was lightly rubbed in EVOO and sprinkled with salt & pepper right on the beach fresh. If you didn't prep it properly (bled out, etc) then you're going to want to soak it in something for a while to remove the flavor from the urea.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)clmcadoo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
Best I ever had was lightly rubbed in EVOO and sprinkled with salt & pepper right on the beach fresh. If you didn't prep it properly (bled out, etc) then you're going to want to soak it in something for a while to remove the flavor from the urea.
I'm not familiar with EVOO. When you say fresh did y'all eat it sashimi style or cooked. If cooked, how? I'm always looking for upgrades to my recipes.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Democrat was not always a curse word!

Slightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to PirateSlightly Dangerous has been promoted to Pirate
Take 4 lbs of spiny lobster and grill over hot coals, prepare some drawn butter, take the shark meat and place in a white kitchen bag then dispose of in the trash bin. Eat the lobster and enjoy.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmcadoo View Post
I'm not familiar with EVOO. When you say fresh did y'all eat it sashimi style or cooked. If cooked, how? I'm always looking for upgrades to my recipes.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh meaning it wasn't dead for very long. lol... Not my recipe, but very basic ingredients and it came out great, grilled by a friend of mine over the fire.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh meaning it wasn't dead for very long. lol... Not my recipe, but very basic ingredients and it came out great, grilled by a friend of mine over the fire.
Usually works that way. The simplest ingredients let the taste of the food come through.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:23 AM
ITS JUST NEVER EASY

Never easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to PirateNever easy has been promoted to Pirate
well i tried grilling some with some steak seasonings and made some garlic butter sauce. it was tough real tough like chewing on a old rubber boot with good flavor. what did i do wrong? i have grilled snapper, ling, trout and king fish and have never had this problem so i dont think it was my cooking skills but i may be wrong. the flavor was good just way to tough. i still have a bunch of meat left and dont want a repeat performance!