2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Brokeback (tines) Age/score

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  vvflash04 
#1 ·
I've seen this deer for 3 years...

This is what he was this year. I have clear pics from last year that I will post after while to see if it changes anyone's mind on age.

As you can see he broke his g-2's and a forked brow clean off making him look like a weird big 8 after that.

I kept people (especially management hunters) pretty far away from him as a result.

See less See more
#3 ·
I think he might be 4.5 , looks like he has alot of filling out to do. I would guess 145-155 with all his tines. I believe his rack is misleading because of what looks to be a young bodied deer with a mountain of growing yet to do.

Great pics.....

#11 ·
I agree. Maaayybe 4 1/2. His ears are still pretty high on his head. Maybe it's just me, but in front-on pics, older bucks seem to have ears that droop a little lower on the side of their head. Upper 50's, but a little more potential. Fine lookin deer, high and wide.

#10 ·
Based on what you wrote I'd say he was a recognizable yearling when you first saw him...which if I was putting money on it I would agree with it (i.e. 3.5), but I think there is a slim outside chance he is really, really old in these pics (like off the charts old)...would love to see him in person so I could see him walk.

Either way he is impressive.

#16 ·
I'm no expert but his 2007 pics seem to be more impressive than his 2008 pics. 07 appears to have better tine length and a kicker off G2, which is not there in 08. Body appears to be young, but I'm going say he's in reverse or just had a really bad year. my guess is 6.5yr or older.

#22 ·
I agree with most of the posts. It is hard to tell how old this guy is, but it is my opinion that he is 4.5 or 5.5. He is a strong 160 to 165. His skin looks like it is loose in the 9/13 pick, and that would put him out of the 3.5 age bracket more than likely. Any way you cut it, I would put an AXIS through him at about 300 feet per second.

#23 ·
Ok I am no expert but when I look at these pics I see long lanky legs, long narrow face, a chest that is just starting to get some depth & a back that has no swaying yet to speak of.
Again no expert but what am I missing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.