How to get a title to a boat that doesnt have one - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:

Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum

Old 04-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Registered Users-pm+

wmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Pirate
How to get a title to a boat that doesnt have one

Pretty much the title sums it up. how to get a title to a boat that doesnt have one? Any input is appreciated.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Dirty Dee, you're a baddy daddy lamatai

PTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to PiratePTH has been promoted to Pirate
boat title

Has it ever been titled? if so, was it here in Texas? If you don't have the registration numbers on the hull, look for the hull ID. It is usually stamped on the transom on the starboard side. Contact Tx Parks and Wildlife and give them that id number and they can research. If it was titled in Texas before, they will be able to tell who the last owner was. you can contact that person and ask them if they have a title on hand. If that person does not, then he will have to apply for a duplicate and then the title will be able to be transferred. It will take a little time and sometimes it will lead to dead ends so whatever it is you may be looking at buying, wait until you are sure you can title it.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Registered Users-pm+

11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate11andy11 has been promoted to Pirate
I bought a boat from a guy that did not have the title. I completely rebuilt it thinking I could file for a title. Boy was I wrong. I had to run the HIN through parks and wildlife and track down the owner and he gladly signed the the title over to me.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Registered Users-pm+

wmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Piratewmrcer has been promoted to Pirate
the guy is dead and the family member is selling it would the family member still be able to sign it over?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Fisher Rick is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I had the same thing happen with a car and they let the wife sign it over with a copy of the death certificate.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Registered Users-pm+

justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)justinlw is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
A guy here at work went through the same deal. He could not find anyone to sign the title over, and ended up with a bonded title. He had to purchase a bond to insure the boat and I believe that is refunded after a couple of years.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Law has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to PirateLaw has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmrcer View Post
the guy is dead and the family member is selling it would the family member still be able to sign it over?

Was this the boat for sale on Craigs list?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Team S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to PirateTeam S.A. Blue has been promoted to Pirate
Its a nightmare. make sure you talk with tpw before you buy it. I had one that i turned into my vent-a-hood for my outdoor kitchen because they wouldnt give me a title for the boat. very hard.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Was this the boat for sale on Craigs list?
yeah
Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Redstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to PirateRedstalker has been promoted to Pirate
I've found the best way to handle this is to have the previous title holder sign a TPWD affadavit and I pay for the notary fee and for their time. That way you can file for a lost title or do a transfer without involving the former boat owner.