Fishing in Jamaica? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |   Follow:
Old 04-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Too far from the ocean ...

Syncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Fishing in Jamaica?

Hi everyone,

I might end up in Jamaica in July. Does anyone know what the fishing opportunities might be like in that part of the world?
Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 09:40 AM
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
I will be there in Late June ...

I was told to save my money, and stay on the beach drinking Red Stripe.

I might jump in and do a dive or two, but was told the resources have been hit real hard, and there is not a lot of catch and release, in turn not alot of good fishing.

I was bummed at 1st, but would be more p!$$ed after taking a charter and finding it out.

Maybe some here will have some more postive input.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in

manintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Piratemanintheboat has been promoted to Pirate
I have been there a couple of times, the latest was last month. I stayed in the Falmouth area, which is about 45 minutes east of Montego Bay. The fishing is really not that good there. There are some charter boats out of Montego Bay, but they are expensive and not many fish are caught. I made friends with the guy who ran the glass bottom boat at my resort and talked him in to taking me fishing for a couple of hours. We trolled and caught a cuda.

Your money and time would be better spent drinking red stripes at the beach. They do catch a ton of lobster down there. Buy some off of the local fishermen and have your resort chef cook them up for you. Good stuff.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Pimp

lordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Piratelordbater has been promoted to Pirate
Yup, I third that.

I fished Negril for 3 days about 10 years ago,
we got a couple small yellowtail.
The tourist pamphlet at The Rock House said that the waters around Jamaica are pretty fished out, but you can give it a shot if you want..

haha..

Funny..
Enjoy yourself..

Watch the beach late at night, good place to get mugged..

Andrew
Old 04-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Fish Assassin

Boboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to PirateBoboe has been promoted to Pirate
Everything in close in Jamaica is pretty hammered. You've got a lot of folks without a ton of money who need to eat. Anything that can be speared gets speared. There can be some good fishing for pelagics at certain times of the year. You've just got to get out of the range of all the locals.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered Users-pm+

miguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateermiguel4 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Save your $$ and have a great time otherwise...
Old 04-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Margarita Mojo is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I was there close to Negril in Jan for a buddies wedding. His dad paid a couple hundred to go out for about 4 hrs. Caught 2, 3lb bonita and one 3 lb cuda. Not worth it.

Joe
Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Too far from the ocean ...

Syncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSyncerus has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Thanks for the head's up, everyone. You saved me some money.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered Users-pm+

Bonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to PirateBonito has been promoted to Pirate
Hey Mon, Wan go fishing with me ? I fish you long and hard. You catch plenty of sun. What you expect, Mon, you in Jamaica. Don't worry, be happy.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 PM
See ya on the flats!

LA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to PirateLA Cox has been promoted to Pirate
I just got back from Jamaica last week...I was told not to waste my money on the fishing too. I did what Muddskipper suggested...just enjoyed the reggae and Red Stripe...Don't forget the Jerk Chicken...OMG it's unbelievable!

Late,
Cox