2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Sniper Phone

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  THE JAMMER 
#1 ·

Knight's Armament Company

An iPod Touch mounted on an M110 sniper rifle using protective case and custom attachment.
An iPod Touch mounted on an M110 sniper rifle using an Otterbox protective case and custom attachment.

Is your iPhone or iPod Touch a bit too, well, artsy? Not rugged or manly enough for your taste?
Here's the solution: the Bulletflight ballistics calculator, which predicts the trajectory of bullets fired from high-powered sniper rifles by taking into account half a dozen variables including wind speed, distance, outside temperature and altitude.
After digesting all the information, Bulletflight tells you where exactly on the sniper scope you should position your target in order to hit it.
The application is preprogrammed for three kinds of rifle sold by Knight's Armament Company (KAC) of Titusville, Fla., which commissioned and sells the app for $11.99 through Apple's iTunes App Store.
Among the weapons is KAC's M110 sniper rifle, which went into service with the U.S. Army in 2007. Profiles for other kind of weapons, as well as the ammunition they use, can be added manually.
The Firearm Blog praise Bulletflight's "sheer awesomeness," but noted that there's already another iPhone/iPod Touch app called iSnipe that does essentially the same thing, retails for $4.99 and isn't tied in to a specific arms manufacturer.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have a program on this watch I bought from 5.11 TACTICAL- a bit handier than the I-touch: You preset in: the BC of your bullet; height above bore of your scope; range you are zeroed to; temperature; altitude; muzzle velocity of your bullet; clicks/MOA of your scope. You then plug in the range of the shot you are about to make; wind direction via clock code (9:00, 2:00, etc. ) wind velocity; angle up or down of the shot; The display shows you how many clicks up, down, left, or right you need to make in order to make that shot. IT IS AMAZING.

THE JAMMER

Attachments

#8 ·
I have a program on this watch I bought from 5.11 TACTICAL- a bit handier than the I-touch: You preset in: the BC of your bullet; height above bore of your scope; range you are zeroed to; temperature; altitude; muzzle velocity of your bullet; clicks/MOA of your scope. You then plug in the range of the shot you are about to make; wind direction via clock code (9:00, 2:00, etc. ) wind velocity; angle up or down of the shot; The display shows you how many clicks up, down, left, or right you need to make in order to make that shot. IT IS AMAZING.

THE JAMMER
That's pretty cool!

Is this the watch?

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/H...hed/D/30100/P/1:100:10000:10900:10903/I/59235

#10 · (Edited)
If you guys haven't seen it barrett released the BORS which is an acronym for Ballistic Optical Ranging System. It's a ballistic computer which you customize to your particular load/weapon and attaches to you scope, and autoadjusts your Leupold Mark IV Tactical scope (Yes it's product specific) for elevation and windage. http://www.barrettrifles.com/optics_bors.aspx

Cheytac Intervention also offers their CABC (Civilian Advanced Ballistic Calculator) which is PALM based. http://www.cheytac.com/ Go to the products page and select CABC for details. You can order a full setup which includes a rangefinder and a kestrel anemometer (Wing speed guage with barometric pressure) to cover all aspects of the shot, generally speaking. This BC is capable of calculating for curvature of the earth as well as multiple wind speeds and directions for truly long shots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.