2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Question...

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Cutaway 
#1 ·
Any opinions here as to which one(s) (if any) of the paid online lease referral sites is worth subscribing to?

Obviously looking for valid listings that are constantly updated, etc.

I have no personal or business connection to any such services. Just looking for the right place to hunt.

Best to all.

#3 ·
How to find a decent deer lease

I really appreciate this post as I have not been able to unlock the Texas code on finding a good lease. My boys will be 8 and 14 next Fall and I have drug them through many deer camp deer work days where we lost the lease the next year, public hunting lands (Sam Houston National Forest), public hunting dove fields around Crosby, TX, (which are a good deal), but we have never belonged because I can't find a solid operation.

Count me in for a good lease. I can pay right away. I hold myself and my sons to the highest standards.

I defer any guidance to Cutaway since he started this thread.

#4 ·
lease hunting

I have used huntingpages.com. It was ok. Also I browse the classifieds.
Finding a lease is a pretty difficult thing to do, assuming you can't afford the ones that are $4K+. By the time you schedule a visit to see the place someone has offered the landowner what he's asking sight-unseen. Its amazing people are willing to do that.

#6 ·
When you do find one that is available. Make sure you ask a lot of questions. I have a list of questions to ask if you would like them. Make sure you go and look at the land.You should have some sort of contract because hand shakes just don't seem to be good enough anymore. Look long and hard for what you want. A good lease is hard to find. Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.