2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

GUN SHOW THIS PAST WEEK END

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  texasjeweler 
#1 ·
WOW. Did anyone go to the gunshow this past weekend?? I don't think I've ever seen so many tables, so many customers, or so many neat guns. It was packed.

You'd almost think that there is a fear that we might not be able to do this any more in the future, because of something happening tomorrow. People were walking out with cases of ammo. The AK-47 WASR-10 that I bought last spring for $350, was $749- same gun.

I did see some really neat guns that I haven't seen in awhile. 1895 winchesters, 30-40 Krag's, some really nice 1903 springfields. Just the wrong time in the economy for justifying buying one of those.

I think there is a real fear out there, and some of you may have seen that earlier thread that showed the already written first round on gun control bill- licensing, etc. I think we're in for a real battle.

THE JAMMER

#2 ·
Did you see the picture of the huge hog killed up near Waco?... it filled up a big front end loader bucket. It was on an end aisle next to a cool Marlin 45-70 lever gun. The guy told me it weighed 811#s! There was lots of cool stuff but I didn't run across anything I had to have.

#6 ·
WOW. Did anyone go to the gunshow this past weekend?? I don't think I've ever seen so many tables, so many customers, or so many neat guns. It was packed.

You'd almost think that there is a fear that we might not be able to do this any more in the future, because of something happening tomorrow. People were walking out with cases of ammo. The AK-47 WASR-10 that I bought last spring for $350, was $749- same gun.

I did see some really neat guns that I haven't seen in awhile. 1895 winchesters, 30-40 Krag's, some really nice 1903 springfields. Just the wrong time in the economy for justifying buying one of those.

I think there is a real fear out there, and some of you may have seen that earlier thread that showed the already written first round on gun control bill- licensing, etc. I think we're in for a real battle.

THE JAMMER
Jammer, Were going to be in a fight for sure! The new ammo bill has me really concerened! The bill were all ammo will have a recorded serial #, any ammo you have left will have to be shot or turned in and you will only have a certain length of time to shoot it after that it would be illegal to posse!!! The libs have lost everytime on trying to take our guns so now there going to try coming in thru the back door :(

#8 ·
Pretty good scare tactic and causing a hugh run on ammo. Problem is, if it were to get passed, we you gathered is going to be a problem.

What we need is a good smart lawyer saying ammo is esential to a firearm, therefore falling under the same premesus as bearing arms, Second Amendment. It should be deciedly Constitutionaly sound.

Your thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.