2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Looking For German Shorthair Pointer

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  seattleman1969 
#1 ·
I am looking for an AKC Registered Female German Shorthair Puppy. I would prefer her to be 6 weeks old. I want a close working dog, not a long running field trial type dog. If anyone knows of some pups or a good Breeder please let me know.

#4 ·
The key is having a dog that handles in the field and a dog that you can handle. I have a couple of English Pointers that are closing working and it gives me fits because about 50 yards is all you are ever going to get out of them. I also have a couple of pointers I run trials with they will get away from you if you are not looking, but they key is they are great handling dogs that I can keep within 75 yards at anytime. I know a couple of guys that have the what we call " Big Running Dogs" but in fact that are just out of control. Just my $.02

#5 ·
Never had a GSP "runner" they always ranged just within sight for us and a single whistle woud bring 'em closer. all in how well they are trained/handled.

My brother may have a litter in the Katy area in the next 6 months. Send me PM if you want his information. Our family has raised GSPs for 2 generations and is all we hunt with. we were never a "registered" breeder, just bred slectively for good hunting dogs, 1-3 litters per female during their lifetime. Never competed, but good bloodlines, etc. All of our dogs hunt.... that's all that needs to be said!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.