2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Red Stag and Rockport Ducks

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  catchysumfishy 
#1 ·
Ike must have wanted my freezer full of wild game more than me. Of my losses in the storm, my venison, ducks and salmon form an AK trip bothered me the most. The waste of wild game and fish just makes me crazy.

If you'd have asked when I would be able to begin replentishing my wild game stocks, I'd have said "next season....maybe." By the Grace of God, I was able to sneak in a 2 day Rockport duck hunt and a 2 day deer hunt recently. I must be livin' right to, because we whacked the ducks on both days in R-port. Then, I went to take an axis deer and wound up with an opportunity to take a "management" red stag. He was a marvelous deer and will provide lots of great eating.

Things are far from normal since Ike, but being able to do some hunting has pumped some new life into a depleted soul. I am truly blessed.

I would like to share a couple of pics with my friends here and wish you all the best. Thanks, folks.

Wayne aka POG

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.