2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

teal at lunch time

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  shauntexex 
#1 · (Edited)
i was kind of worried this morning i had some coustomers that wanted to duck hunt but reports were not good for my part of the country so i call around and found some birds and reassured my clients that we would have a good shoot the morning started off great had 2 gadwalls rite a lst but that was it. so needless to say i was worried untill 10 o'clock then the sky opened up there were teal everwhere we shot steady for 2 hours we had groups of 60 and 70 teal locked on the decoys and it did not stop at 12 when we were picking up the deeks they were still tring to land on us great day and iam glad we stuck it out just goes to show you its not over till its over good lesson learned stick it out it might be worth it we ended up with 28 teal 2 gadwals and 1 lost snow

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Man that sounds like a lot of fun I like shooting teal they eat real good they are fun to shoot I like shooting them I am getting one mounted I shot this season I really want a cinnamon the blue wings are also pretty sounds like you had a good hunt this morning periods are important

#11 ·
Wow great hunt! I have never seen teal fly that late in my life except on one lake where boat traffic is quite heavy. Just seems they fly early and sit down mayby thats why MOJO281 likes to sit in the blind till 1 everyday just in case you get that noon flight of teal.....ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.