2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Dog Training

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  wennis1 
#1 ·
I am looking for a good dog trainer. I have a year old Weimerainer and dont mind sending him away for 2 months! If he is going to come back with a good understanding of how to hunt and find the dove, duck, quail... Does anyone have a good trainer for a reasonable price im looking to spend 200 a month plus tip.

#2 ·
no offense but you probably are not going to find a trainer that boards your dog for $200 per month. Forget about the training you can't board a dog for a month for $200. For what its worth I know a guy in Beaumont that is having his dog boarded and professionally trained at it running him $600/month. Good luck. If you put the time in its not that hard to do a pretty decent job yourself if you purchase the collar and some decent videos. Thats what I did and it worked well for me.

#4 ·
Look to pay at least 500.00/month plus the cost of live birds and meds. It will take a good trainer at least 4 months to get your dog through basic obedience and force fetch. Very few retrieves will be made at this time. There are alot of great trainers in Tx Probably one close to you.
If money is an issue you might try taking private leasons. Pro will teach you to train your dog. Once a week or so you and Fido will go to trainers. He'll work with you and the pup. Give you drills and lessons to work on until you return. It's a great way to learn. The pro will usually ask you to throw marks, shoot pen raised birds and eventually let you run some of his dogs. PM me what area you live in. I'll give you some names. Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.