2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Black Powder???

779 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  atcfisherman 
#1 ·
Maybe this has been asked before, but are black powder guns considered fire arms? I though they were, but I was at Bass Pro Shops a while back and they had some starter packages on the counter and a guy pick one up and bought it w/o filling out any paperwork. Then I asked the worker and he said the are not classified as a fire arm b/c of the way the bullet is loaded and that anyone can buy then. He said you can even buy them over the internet. I am confused??? Doesn't make sence to me. Just wondering, since it was very confusing seeing this.

The guy also said that old hunters with past convictions are going to black powder since it isn't classified as a fire arm. Now I am really confused.

#2 ·
Black Powder

Don't know about their legal classifications, but I do know that I bought one from Wal-mart on clearance less than a month ago (Thompson Center Omega Z5 - $225). No background check. They even told me that I could take it back and return it if I didn't like it. The guy in the outdoor department didn't even walk it up to the front doors. He told me that I could walk right out with it.

Trent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.