2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

08/09 S.Texas Duck Season

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  wennis1 
#1 ·
I know its not over yet but its getting close and I might not get a chance to get back out so here are a few pics from this year.

I was looking back at the last 2 seasons and this year was alot slower, for us anyway. How bout yall ???

38 Redheads
13 Bufflehead
17 Widgeon
7 Bluebills
14 Greenwing
2 Bluewing
1 Gadwall
17 Pintail
2 Shovlers

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like you guys faired ok compared to others I have talked to. We duck hunt on fresh water lakes in McMullen and Live Oak counties and usually have great duck hunting. I never saw enough ducks to even try to go hunting this year. We actually switched tactics a little and killed 23 geese the last couple of weeks.

#9 ·
13 bufflehead is pretty cool.. you must be hunting some open water..I can't figure out how to get them suckers in the decoys..do you have any secrets you will share??? they seem to stay just out of reach most of the time...Walker
I painted a few teal decoys to look like Buffleheads and set them in a small group off to the side of the spread and as far out as you can shoot. They will decoy to this set up...

Man Wacker, it sounds like you had a great year or is it like that every year where you hunt?

#15 ·
Got the lead out this morning and hunted a small jag of local birds that has been building, Revenge was had from not getting my slam yesterday. 5 min hunt over the deks and it was a done deal. I wonder if NTSA will fund my ammo for keeping the flight path clear for the jets.:work: At least some sort of public service award.

#16 ·
This has definitely been my worst season since I can remember. With that said, I have been hunting the bay and don't have a real shallow boat and do not really scout the birds. I always say that I am going to scout and then end up hunting. So if it is anyone's fault that our season was sub par...it is our own. I'm taking a buddy hunting tomorrow and hope we kill some ducks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.