2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Only in Montana

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Redfishing1983 
#1 ·
This maybe should have been posted on the "Hunting Trucks" Thread ...

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
The first Elk I ever shot at...I was 21-22 and was hunting with a bow...He was a satelite bull...Small...But he was still about 500-600lbs... I missed him (luckily).

I didnt even think about it until after the shot. I was by myself, about a mile from my car and was driving a Datsun B-210. I was also up in the mountains of Colorado.

This picture reminds me of what it would have looked like if I would have killed that bull...LOL!!

#9 ·
The first Elk I ever shot at...I was 21-22 and was hunting with a bow...He was a satelite bull...Small...But he was still about 500-600lbs... I missed him (luckily).

I didnt even think about it until after the shot. I was by myself, about a mile from my car and was driving a Datsun B-210. I was also up in the mountains of Colorado.

This picture reminds me of what it would have looked like if I would have killed that bull...LOL!!
Datsun B-210, one of the best cars ever built !

#8 ·
My pops drove home with a 8 point (they called them 4 points back then) on the hood of his Corvette from the Angelina National forest. Nowadays you would get some pretty nast looks I bet, but just a few short years ago it was the norm. Along with hunting in flannel under a pine tree. No feeders or camo. Back then we would go out a month or two in advance and look for scrapes and rubs and find a big tree to hang out under and wait for Mr. Big to come look for his new girlfriends. It has got way to complicated today with the corn protien mix, making sure the 4 wheeler is up to snuff, dousing oneselves with deer urine, etc......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.