2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Buying guns is like eating Lay's potato chips...

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Fresh2Salt 
#1 ·
It's hard to stop at just one...lol

Well I acquired a gently used Browning 25.06 w/ B.O.S.S.. I've shot this gun at the range and it is sweet! In fact I liked his set up so much that I took the scope with it. It is topped with a 3.5-10x50 Leupold w/ Mildot reticle, target turrets and lens shade.

Now I'm after a Sig P239...

To make things worse I've taken an interest in AR's and "need" to get my hands on one to further feed the frenzy...Will this gun lust ever end...lol

#5 ·
I've done pretty good over the past couple of years. It all started with wanting to get a different caliber rifle for my son.

Then a buddy of mine lit the "We need to get our CHL" flame under my behind. Hence the need for a new Sig.

I don't know where the AR bug got me from but it's got me. It amazes me how opinions vary from one shop to the next. One had RRA's listed at the top and another said they won't even sell RRA's because of all the trouble they have with them.

Sounds like I have a long journey ahead of me.

Did I mention that my wife told me that I have to upgrade my Mickey Mouse gun safe for something that will last me for years to come...

#7 ·
Welcome to the club. Your next major decision, which is still probably several guns away is: should I spend this next amount of money I have for a safe or that next gun. As hard as it will be, buy the safe. Now I won't even say anything about that decision I made in buying my SECOND SAFE. That's when you know your disease is definitely incurable.

I've rationalized myself into owning two types of guns: "shoot guns" and "have guns." Some guns I want to have mainly because I want to shoot them. Others I just have to HAVE THEM.

THE "AT LEAST I'VE ADMITTED MY PROBLEM EXISTS" JAMMER

#9 ·
Welcome to the club. Your next major decision, which is still probably several guns away is: should I spend this next amount of money I have for a safe or that next gun. As hard as it will be, buy the safe. Now I won't even say anything about that decision I made in buying my SECOND SAFE. That's when you know your disease is definitely incurable.

I've rationalized myself into owning two types of guns: "shoot guns" and "have guns." Some guns I want to have mainly because I want to shoot them. Others I just have to HAVE THEM.

THE "AT LEAST I'VE ADMITTED MY PROBLEM EXISTS" JAMMER
The next gun (AR-15 20" SS bull barrel, ordered waiting delivery) in the house will also require a new safe....safe number THREE! AND to added to the problem I looking into ordering another AR upper!

Like TJ I have my haves and shooters...now I have to figure which guns go in which safe :question: I'm thinking black guns in one, scoped guns in one and shotguns in the other....

Unlike TJ I have no problem...I just like guns! See! No problem! :p

#10 ·
I used to be an advocate for using one all round utility gun. Loved that 30.06 Savage - but sure looked lonely in the gun cabinet. Then I bought a beautiful stainless steel Marling 30.30. Followed by a 45.70. Then I needed a .22 so went and bought a nice Henry. Then my son needed a smaller .22, so I bought him one. Then I needed a .240. Heck, now I think I buy guns just to match my shoes!

#16 ·
The gun frenzy is much like a crack addiction. You may wake up one day and wonder why you spent the equivalent of what a new house would cost, and say to yourself "enough is enough"...but then you're never really cured. There's always the NEED...for the latest and newest model of whatever make and model you crave at that time.

Stay away from gun magazine 'buyers guides.' You'll sit for hours and talk yourself into whichever one strikes your fancy at that moment. Then in a few days...you'll be watching action movies and pointing your new toy at the badguys on the screen.

Thank GOD for layaway. You'll know what I mean soon enough.

I woke up one day and said..."i'm not spending anymore money on guns."

If I want a new gun, I sell one or two of the ones I can do without the most, and just re-invest it. I spend money that was long gone a LONG time ago. I just recently sold a Glock 26 and a Sig SP2340...I turned around and bought a new bow with the money.

Now I have two addictions.

It never ends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.