2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Advice to a new archer

957 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  justletmein 
#1 ·
I am new to the sport of archery. I have visisted Huntersfreind .com and am interested in two different bows. Now before I get too deep in I will say that I have shot a few different bows and have been to an archery shop. I am interested in a Bear Lights out,1st choice. Next is a PSE Stinger. Are either of these good for a beginner?

#5 · (Edited)
I ordered a Lights Out for my wife from huntersfriend.com and am very impressed with their setup. That bow shoots dead on out of the box and they even paper tune it before shipping, you will not get that out of any Gander Mountain or BPS bought bow, all those guys do is measure your DL and then bolt everything on. Heck even a lot of pro shops won't paper tune it for you. huntersfriend.com gets a huge thumbs up from us.
EDIT: Between the two bows you listed I really like the Bear. We also bought my brother-in-law a Bear bow (Game Over) last year and I'm impressed with how well it shoots too. For me I'm a Bowtech/Diamond fan.

#7 ·
Naw naw naw. Forget all the above. Here's what you need: all yew wood self bow with rattlesnake skin backing; deer hide quiver with the hair turned inside to keep the arrows quiet and from rattling; port orford cedar arrows with self nocks (no plastic) and real turkey feathers tied onto the shaft with sinew.

Good for about 180 fps and more fun than you ever had in your life.

THE "DO IT THE OLD WAY" JAMMER

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.