2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Can't find ammo

5K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Cope 
#1 ·
In order to be prepared for any future regulations on ammunition I decided to "stockpile" a few thousand rounds. Looked at the usual websites (cheaper than dirt, midway usa, etc.) and just about every one of them were sold out including Bass Pro, who had jacked up the prices on what they were supposed to have. Finally found some on Cabelas.com for a reasonable price.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so where were you able to find the best deals?

#6 ·
In order to be prepared for any future regulations on ammunition I decided to "stockpile" a few thousand rounds. Looked at the usual websites (cheaper than dirt, midway usa, etc.) and just about every one of them were sold out including Bass Pro, who had jacked up the prices on what they were supposed to have. Finally found some on Cabelas.com for a reasonable price.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so where were you able to find the best deals?
It's going to be tough stocking up now. You got started a little late. I started a couple of months ago.
Here are a couple of links that might help you.
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php
http://www.ammodaily.com/

#10 ·
hmmm.. I just got through checkin the Academy in Tomball and 290 and HWY 6 locations along with a few walmarts. I couldnt find any 30.06 remington corelocks except a few boxes of 180 grain which my gun does not like shooting.
Its ture the shelves are empty and will continue to be so as long as folks are stockpiling.
For the past month or two as I have been in several walmarts and academy I seem to never find any 150 or 165 grain corelocks
If I dont find any tomorrow morning the pigs at the lease will be safe unless I can find a box hiding in the garage or something

#12 ·
I guess I should have elaborated, I was looking to add my reserves. I was not fully aware of what was going on with the price of ammo before I started looking around. Reloading is definitely starting to look appealing. Calibers I was looking for include 7.92x39mm , .308, colt .45.

#18 ·
Ammo Gone

I am in the same boat. I have several boxes of ammo to get by on, but decided to add a few more to my ammo chest.

I know you guys said that ammo is not out there.... Well, I learned the hard way.

Wal-Mart in Lake Jackson shelves were bare. Thank goodness, the .357 sig round is not popular. They had 3 boxes left. 40 S & W was gone. Thank goodness my P229 has interchangeable barrels. Everything else is gone. They had 3 boxes of the high dollar Winchester supreme 270 WSM of which I passed on.

Academy was no better.

I went to the web sites mentioned earlier in this tread, and they are sold out.

Any other ideas out there.

I just want 4 boxes of each:

Remington .270 in 130 gr PSP Core-Lokt
Remington .270 WSM in 130 gr PSP Core-Lokt
Remington 30-06 in 150 gr PSP Core-Lokt
Remington .243 in 100 gr PSP Core-Lokt

thanks,
Blue.dog

#19 ·
I finally found some ammo last night. I called around to several acadmeys and walmarts and located some. In the process of buying I called a couple of buddies who were looking for ammo also and had to pickup for them also. First time I bought $400 of ammo in one buy. I ended up with 2 boxes for my 30.06, 2 for my 45 and 2 for my 40. I should have stocked up a long time ago!

#20 ·
HGCA gun show this past weekend at Reliant Center had plenty of ammo in any caliber you wanted. I forgot about 9mm, but I ordered 500 rounds from Cheaper Than Dirt on Monday and had it Tuesday.

#24 ·
It is far more crazy and rediculous than I ever thought it would be. I assumed as much on the usual suspects like .45acp and .223 and stocked up on them earlier. But since then I've gotten just regular HUNTING calibers like 45-70, 30-06, etc. and even those are hard to find. Not many places have 150gr Remy Core Lokts for 30-06 anymore and 45-70 - shoot its over $30 a box these days. Thought I'd grab a bit more 45LC and that stuff is up to $50 a box at some places. I've not reloaded in years - but am seriously thinking about starting again (I hate reloading, to me its a chore akin to doing laundry or mowing the yard). But if it saves me a ton of money so beit.

Earl

#27 ·
I got a call from a buddy (yes...I do have one) and he told me the Wal-Mart on Hywy 6 south of Richmond Ave. had pistol ammo in decent supply that was priced right! I picked up 3 50 round boxes of 45 Auto last night myself. Its the Blazer Brass (reloadable brass cases, not the unreloadable aluminum case)...they have it in 45 Auto and 40 S&W for $13.95 a box. I also seen they had 9mm Luger for $10+ for a 50 count box made by Winchester. And they had a couple 40 round boxes ($24+) of Winchester 223 FMJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.