2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Salt Grass Hog Dogs Chasing Hill Country Hogs

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TexasJ 
#1 ·
Had an ol buddy invite me to come up and chase hogs in the Hill country. I'm from outside of Alvin and my dogs get most of their time on the ground in either areas around here, south or east Texas. This is the first time I got a chance to chase hogs in the rocky hills. Giving my dogs experience in catching hogs in all type of places will help them in the long run.

We caught two hogs. Here's a few pics from last weekends hunt.

See less See more
#4 ·
We got on these hogs the second night we dropped. The first night was a dry run but the dogs hunted good.

A hard blowing cold front blew in and its no suprise we found the hogs on the protective side of a big hill. The dogs winded them and it was a done deal after that.

#7 ·
You got some good lookin dogs. Glad to see you doing some good. We don't live to far from each other we' ll have to get together and make a hunt some time.
Sounds good to me. I try to hunt every weekend. My total dog count is 11. (9 kerrs, 2 ABs). We don't have to hunt none of mine though, we can just hunt yours. I like to hunt behind new dogs.

By the way, are you a TDHA member? Are you hunting in the TDHA tournament at the end of February?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.