2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Do you know what you shot?

6K views 40 replies 28 participants last post by  seabo 
#1 ·
All gutted, tagged and in transport!

30-06 rifle with Leupold Scope- $650 dollars
Out of State Elk License -$600 dollars
Gas to drive from New York -$700 dollars
Taking a Trophy Montana Llama- Priceless...............

Happy New Year

See less See more
#2 ·
I lived in the Glenwood Springs area for a few years. One year a group of hunters came up from texas and went elk hunting. In Colorado they have these game check stations along the highways where you stop in for a check if you have a kill. Well, one of them Texas hunters pulled in with a cow tied to his hood. Bovine, not elk. He thought he had a cow elk. This is not a made up story, but 100% true. It didn't take long to figure out why they do not like out of state hunters.

#24 ·
I got the scoop on bagging this "soon to be sweater".
Judgeing from the gloves he is wearing, through a reliable source, it is a COMPANY lease. Since all 5.375 acres are privately owned land, they need no EMU stamps or a llama tags.
The most important thing to remember when bagging a trophy like the one you see, trophies are judged by their teeth and how far they can spit, is to cleanly shave the belly and save the fur, braid it and make key chains out of it. Then the key chains are smuggled into Texas and sold on the black market.
Once the trophy has reached it's final destination, the shaving process is completed and used to make seat cushions for their company trucks.
They also have a llama resue program. They will rescue sick and injured llamas, tame them, saddle them up and break them to be used for llama races at the carnivals you see in grocerie store parking lots.
Actually, the most famous llama to come from the ranch is, thats right,
OBAMA THE LLAMA.
It is reported the Obama The Llama really didn't know what he was suppose to do.

#32 ·
I used to hunt in CO with a buddy on his ranch which was surrounded by national forest land, they raised goats and ran elk hunts for a living. I used to go help out in exchange for a cow elk. Being surrounded by Nat. forest trespassers were a huge problem and we would spend a good part of each day tracking people down and showing them back to the fence. My buddy was a deputy sherrif so it was a little easier with a badge a big handgun.
Anyway they used mules as pack animals and we had a bunch hobbled in a high meadow near camp and we were hunting a couple of miles away when we heard a shot that sounded like it was near camp. We went to go check it out and sure enough there were two guys standing in the middle of 7 mules standing and 1 mule laying there dead. Called the CO and he came out and ticketed them for about ten different things, my buddy made them pay for the mule. They shot it from abt 150yds away, amazing that they could not tell the difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.