2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Good Weekend for Chunky

2K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  State_Vet 
#1 ·
Way back at the TTHA show, I ran into Brad from Hacienda Ranch. I knew he was an LSBA sponser so I stopped and talked with him. Before it was over, I had booked a weekend to hunt for a paticular 30 inch aoudad on the ranch

Well, I didn't ever see that sheep, but I begged him to let me shoot this pig of a sika deer he had. He was being saved for the owner, who after a phone call said if I saw that deer I could take him.

We set up in a place he frequents, we saw a ton of animals fallow, axis, blackbuck, and of course whitetails....then at last light, after I figured it was not going to happen....he stepped out.

I put a perfect shot on him, and I was dancing the happy dance. I will post up the video next week when I get it to Buff so that he can load it on his site. Great ranch and a great time, hope you like the pic.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Hey dude thats a BIG SOB, I've mounted 20 or so and will say thats the biggest I've seen. BTW why do you have the BEST camo made covered up, was you in a pop-up? I do think predator camo fits right in with bow hunting as you are the ultimate predator...WW

#16 ·
Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the kind words.

I try and keep several taxidermists living comfortably. :)

Yes, I was in a ground blind and it was cold, so the black sweatshirt was a good choice.

ROBOWADER, I will post up some trophy room pics....but don't think I am bragging or showing off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.