2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Wormy Wabbits

3K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  localRN 
#1 ·
The boys are always going rabbit sniping with the .22's while at the ranch. They came back with a lumpy one the other day. Cut it open and this is what we found. I have shot thousands of rabbits in my lifetime and have never seen this. Is this what they call a wolf worm? There were two on this rabbit right under his skin. WARNING!! If you have a sqeemish side to you don't watch this video. I'm repeating this agin! The rabbit fed the locals.

Attachments

#13 ·
I used to rabbit hunt alot and saw them all the time... we just called them grubs. The ones I have seen are in the skin not in the muscle. We ate the rabbits and did not have anything grow out of us.

#15 ·
I hate to admit but I'm a wuss when it comes to worms. I can handle all the blood, guts, poop and all that but worms...uh uh. I've seen rabbits with wulves, anyway that's what we always called them, even pulled a bona fide tapeworm out of one once but you couldn'r pay me to eat it. Up in the panhandle wher they get lots of very hard freezes cottontail is one of my favorite meats to eat. The further south you come the nastier they get.

#21 ·
Ya thats what they refer to as a wolf worm didn't even know it had a fancy name. When its hot out they will eat a hole out of the skin and sometimes you will see them poke their head out. The "r" months thing i was tought by all my cajun family is that when its cold they don sit on their ***** all the time and have worms crawl up the ole poop shoot. Lemme guess you continued cleaning rabits with that same sharp finger you lanced the worm with???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.