2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

browning lighning choke ?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  remi19 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a browning lighning 20 gauge over and under this past weekend from a buddy. I have been looking for a good quail, dove and skeet gun and this guy needed money. the chokes are fixed and im not sure what they are, all it says on the gun is patent # 2.203.378 and 2.233.861. I have looked online and can't find anything about what chokes this gun has, guess i could call browning but figured i would check here first. Should I leave the chokes alone? was thinking about having new removable choke tubes added. I did find the same gun online and says that the choke is skeet i believe. So should i leave the chokes alone or get new removable ones. who can do this and what does it cost? Looking for suggestions. this is the same gun i bought http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=119170854#PIC

#3 ·
Any gunsmith can tell you in about 3 minutes. You can do it yourself if you're good with a snap guage and calipers.

Yes leave them alone. They are probably open choked. If you have a modified or full (doubtful) you might have it opened up to something usable, but not threaded. Not a good idea on O/Us, wall thickness isn't there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.