2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

New respect for high fence/First Audad shot!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  huntr4life 
#1 ·
Went to my dad's lease near Brackittville with a chance for one of us to kill an exotic, either an axis or black buck antelope was the preferred target. My wife had a chance at an axis buck but one of the longer tines on one side was broken. As she was debating out came Mrs. Audad! Never tried the meat but got some steaks, hamburger and sausage coming. Should make a nice mount!

This is a 10,000 acre ranch with TX Parks and Wildlife managment rules. There were deer everywhere, but not the monster muy grande bucks I imagined dancing all in front of me. To kill one of these would still be an enormous and difficult feat; in fact no one on the lease has had the opportunity to see and take their 1 allowed trophy buck yet this year. I had envisioned in my mind 2 or 3 14 pointers hanging every night. No way!!!

The exotics were not eager to be killed either as finding them were challenging.

I cannot wait to go back! Some pics of an old mature 8 and a black buck killed this weekend also.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.