2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

End of the season lookback(louisiana)

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  texas8point 
#1 ·
I moved back to my home town last april to help my aging parents and decided to start deer hunting again with my dad. He has about 2500 acres
leased around his camp on the calcasieu river in jeff davis parish. I havent hunted in 20 years so i was excited to get started again. I got a spot that no one else wanted and nothing had been killed there in a long time. I planted a summer food plot put 2 feeders up and set up a game cam and waited to see what showed up. I saw very few deer but one of them looked like a decent buck but it was hard to tell on camera because he was so far away. Hunting season started and it was slow at first but then it got good at the first rut.
I ended up taking 2-8 points the first one was small but decent for these parts but the 2nd one was real good for these parts. Today is the last day for gun season here so were gonna make one more hunt this afternoon and see what we can come up with. I still have a good 10 point hanging around my stand but havent seen on the game cam lately so hopefully he will be around next year. Here are the pics.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.