2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

I bet you didn't see one of these

4K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  outdooraggie2011 
#1 ·
Just some pic's sent by e-mail. All I know.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Here is a close as I can find to the definition of a Piebald Whitetail:

Piebald Anomaly

(This is not a parasite or disease.)

A genetic variation (defect) produces the piebald condition in white-tailed deer, not parasites or diseases. Piebald deer are colored white and brown similar to a pinto pony. Sometimes they appear almost entirely white. In addition to this coloration, many have some of the following observable conditions: bowing of the nose (Roman nose); short legs; arching spine (scoliosis); short lower jaws. This genetic condition is rare with typically less than one percent of white-tailed deer being affected.

#17 ·
I have gotten several e-mails on this in the last month but here is what seems to be the most authentic

Piebald Buck is From East Texas
By Buck Manager on Dec 30, 2008 in Photo Gallery & Stories

Remember the piebald buck that was reportedly harvested in East Texas. Well, the uniquely-colored buck was harvested near Palestine, but it was actually shot this year as opposed to last year, as my original research found. Photos of the deer have hit the deer hunting web and the stories of where this deer was harvested are as numerous as the buck's spots! In order to clear things up about this news-making buck, here is rest of the story:
"My husband (James Curtis) is the one who killed the piebald buck in East Texas that has created quite a bit of interest on the Internet. I just wanted to give you the facts so that you can update your website. You can actually see the buck on the Texas Big Game Awards website, as well as on their TropyWatch.
The deer was actually killed November 2, 2008, on a privately owned ranch outside of Palestine, Texas. The piebald deer scored 138 5/8 gross with a total body weight of 195 pounds. My husband is getting the deer full body mounted. Anyways, I just wanted to give you this information since there are lots of emails going around saying the deer was harvested in Michigan, Arkansas, West Virginia, and Georgia just to name a few. One email even says that the deer was sold to Cabelas for $13,000! It is crazy."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.