2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Pellet test,,, opinions needed

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JOHNNY QUEST 
#1 ·
I got a batch of eunjin 28 grain pellets for my AA S400 FAC. today and wanted to see what kinda difference it would make on high power.. I took the yellow pages out to my 22 yd. target and put a 2x4 behind it..

At full power the 28 gr. eunjin hunting pellet was shot first... Then I loaded a 16.5 grain predator and shot it at full power...
When i went to retrive the book neither had exited the back.. But the Houston yellowpages A thru L is about 800 pages thick.. Upon examination i found the predator pellet on page 420, with about 30 pages disturbed behind it..
the 28 gr. eunjin was found on page 428, but it destroyed 55 pages further.. nice energy transfer..
if ya look at the pic, the top hole is the pred.. nice and uniform entry, the bottom hole is the 28 gr. pellet looks a little ragged on entry...
I'm no scientist but I think the pred has some serious penatration to go as far as the heavy round nose did, but I would hate to be hit with the sledge hammer EUNJIN....

Now what i need help with ... Is should I have head shot the 2 insurance agents, instead of just shooting anywhere in the target?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Man, those airguns are getting serious, aint they? Nothing like the old Daisies anymore. I think it was on this board where a guy head shot a big hog and dropped him with one of those Gamos. I doubt even the old pump up pellet guns I had as a kid would go that far into the yellow pages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.